forum

Retry Warning!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +18
Topic Starter
moneybagzkd
Hi there, I searched around and for a similar post and didn't find any so here goes.
I would like to know if there you can implement something in osu! that warns you before retrying.
Eg. When I'm in a beatmap playing and I press Esc to pause, when I return to hit Continue, most times I accidentally hit Retry instead of Continue, and this has happened multiple times. I'm sure there's others whom this has happened to before ;)
It gets annoying sometimes but I've dealt with it ;)
So what I'm asking is if you can like put something like "Are you sure you want to retry?" when u hit the retry button to prevent the game from immediately restarting and losing current progress.

Thanks.
~moneybagzkd
aevv_old
i've done this probably once in the past year, and dont think its required. but equally i cant see it hurting to add an option for it. would changing your skin's retry button to a smaller image make the clickable area decrease? if so that could be a good solution
Topic Starter
moneybagzkd
That's a good idea, I'll try it and see if the area will decrease with the image.
Although, just for design, I wouldn't like to see 2 big buttons and a smaller one in the middle ;)
Wishy
Adding an feature that when activated shows a warning after clicking retry would be pretty cool.
Chaotic_old
OR they can just change the position of the Retry option, say.. put it down in the corner of the screen and make it more obvious, instead of being right in your face.

I'm 99% sure that would solve the issue.. which there really isn't much of an issue in the first place. :D
Gens
A warning is not the right approach, in my opinion... something like a double click required to retry would solve the problem in a simpler way. You really can't do a double click by accident, or at least, it happens more rarely than a single click, specially when you want to continue with a single click.

That's strange though, I was fairly sure this has been requested before...

Also, polls are useless, so I'm going ahead and deleting it for you. Forum permission really need to be modified to fix this~
mm201
Retry ragemen would be extremely annoyed by the extra click.
Kitsunemimi

mm201 wrote:

Retry ragemen would be extremely annoyed by the extra click.
^ This

The only way this feature will work is if there's a toggle. And we have enough toggles already. Plus, only a rare few people will benefit from it, the majority of osu! who actually cares will be the ones who retry a lot. Meaning there are less people who "accidentally" hit retry, therefore this feature is kinda.. well.. eh.

Normally if you're doing good, you shouldn't pause anyways, it ruins the rhythm.
awp
or, you could press escape to unpause
Waryas

awp wrote:

You don't understand the issue, for tablet players like myself who drag the pen on the board, it auto clicks when you press escape to pause and that's really annoying. So if the cursor is in center when you pause = Auto retry.
Wishy

Wishy22 wrote:

Adding an feature that when activated shows a warning after clicking retry would be pretty cool.
^...

Just make it optional and everyone's happy...
Avedas

JesusYamato wrote:

awp wrote:

You don't understand the issue, for tablet players like myself who drag the pen on the board, it auto clicks when you press escape to pause and that's really annoying. So if the cursor is in center when you pause = Auto retry.
Yep, this happens to me every now and then. It's only happened at a bad time once, but still. I just try to pay more attention now though. This is really not much of an issue.
Sleep Powder
Or even better, double/triple click to retry.

@Gens agreeing with him
Soaprman

JesusYamato wrote:

awp wrote:

I'm in this boat too, so support.
Gerbator

JesusYamato wrote:

for tablet players like myself who drag the pen on the board, it auto clicks when you press escape to pause and that's really annoying.
I play the same way you do, and I couldn't agree more :lol:

I think moneybagzkd's suggestion would be fine if optional. Support!
TKiller
*shrug*

I am pro at hitting new pages without counting posts.
FireballFlame

JesusYamato wrote:

Apparently if you've disabled mouse/whatever buttons during play and press escape while holding down such a button, it registers a click.
Shouldn't simply that bug be fixed then?
Topic Starter
moneybagzkd

FireballFlame wrote:

JesusYamato wrote:

Apparently if you've disabled mouse/whatever buttons during play and press escape while holding down such a button, it registers a click.
Shouldn't simply that bug be fixed then?
Yea that's how it is in pc also, if cursor is in mid, and I hit esc to continue, it auto retries. All the more reason to put the warning :P and also for those accidental clicks I mentioned.
FireballFlame
That's is the only reason I see.
If you misclick... just take more time to aim for the button? Or press ESC to unpause?

I don't think a toggle will be added for something like that. Peppy doesn't like them for all I know.
Topic Starter
moneybagzkd

FireballFlame wrote:

If you misclick... just take more time to aim for the button? Or press ESC to unpause?

I don't think a toggle will be added for something like that. Peppy doesn't like them for all I know.
JesusYamato wrote:
awp

JesusYamato wrote:

awp wrote:

it doesn't do that for me
Waryas
it does it if click is disabled. Basically the moment click gets reenabled = registers a click if pen / mouse is clicked.
FireballFlame
moneybagzkd:
That's what I meant by

FireballFlame wrote:

Andruchon
please fix this, i always retry when i press esc and the cursor is over "retry".
even if my pen is in midair.
please fix this.
MDuh
Bumb this Feature request, I also raged when I accidentally paused/retry immediately

I always pause on spinners when playing 2min+ songs without break :3
show more