forum

[added] Subscribe to a mapper

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4,121
show more
[Sora]_old
Support
I like this Idea.
[Sean]
This feature could go hand in hand with the osu!direct feature for the supporters. With this being, have a new tab and/or something like that, that opens another screen in the osu!direct, kinda like forwarding to a page. On there, are a list of mappers that you're subscribed to.

Of course, a subscription should be done on the forums, and with that, have it where the game reads the list, and displays the username. You could include maybe something like a graphic banner for the user, that the user creates and/or one that's automatically generated like the osu! online list, or the stats bar you can find on the forums.

It's a good request, I'm surely in for support.
Shiro
If this is ever made, I think it would be better to know how many subscribers a mapper has - somewhere in his profile ?
And maybe know who a player subscribed to.
Lilac
What Odaril said kinda reminds me of YouTube...

...Just a bit.
Devacion
Nice idea here! :D Support!
VelperK
Let's go ^^

+1
Snowy Dream
Nice~
theowest
Yeah, and you should be able to see most subscribe and much like the youtube system, etc.
Mismagius
Subscriber ranking would be epic awesome.

But I think it takes a bit of bandwidth, or am I wrong?
narakucrimson
Such a good idea~
Pizzicato
this would be nice.
Ikillforpies
I like this idea~ very good ^-^
loli66
suport, because this can be benefic for find a map what maybe like to the suscriptor.
Pizzicato
if this is to be implemented, osu will now have a youtube-like community, seeing things like "please subscribe" at their beatmap descriptions :D
Jarby

Pizzicatto wrote:

if this is to be implemented, osu will now have a youtube-like community, seeing things like "please subscribe" at their beatmap descriptions :D
Even better, "please subscribe" graphics plastered all over storyboards.
galvenize

Jarby wrote:

Pizzicatto wrote:

Even better, "please subscribe" graphics plastered all over storyboards.
I lol'd.
TheVileOne
SiRiRu <3

Support.
Muffin Turtle
Yes yes I like this idea :O I support.
banvi
nice idea <3
Lunah_old
posted: 25 May 2010

LMAO

SPOILER
efficiency
Gens
I'd be happy with an RSS feed. Shady enough for common people to know about (so trolls won't be trolling) and isn't completely associated with osu! (so no subscribers count or anything like that), but does the job pretty well for everyone.

The feed could update whenever the mapper submits a new map, gets a map ranked and revives/graveyards a map. A feed update per map update would be a little bit over the top.
Bass

Lunah wrote:

posted: 25 May 2010

LMAO

SPOILER
efficiency

Sure are you retard and troll.

Sorry for offtop but Lunah did post like that many time. I think he needs a yet another time of break.
TBTE
Another thing to add to my RSS Feed
FUCK YEA SUPPORT
Larto

Bass-chan wrote:

I think he needs a yet another time of break.
I think he needs to be broken. anyways, I still support this. This post is totally not off topic.
Neruell
If there is any person who does make at least 1 map per week and it also gets ranked at least once per week (which I doubt that there is such a regular person with so much freetime) then it is worth of implementing. Everything else is a waste of time to even try to make it. I am sure that there is no real need to make a subsription feature because with that big time gap between the maps getting ranked from that 1 person and he is not bound to any "requirements" like 1 map per week that it is sometimes just even better to check the profile of that 1 person yourself rather than make so much noise about something that is so irregular and totally unnecessary.

Also

Gens wrote:

I'd be happy with an RSS feed. Shady enough for common people to know about (so trolls won't be trolling) and isn't completely associated with osu! (so no subscribers count or anything like that), but does the job pretty well for everyone.

The feed could update whenever the mapper submits a new map, gets a map ranked and revives/graveyards a map. A feed update per map update would be a little bit over the top.
But again if people kind of want to make a "subscribers count event" with the most subscribers (which sounds more like the purpose of this whole feature aka seems like people are not very satisfied with the kudosu count and all about it) than I doubt that peppy will really want to implement "again" a new ranking system for mappers based on subscribers.
theowest
Friends activity:

Lesjuh just updated "bla bla"
Ozzy uploaded "bla bla"
bert just became a supporter
cheez is now a bat/mat.
etc

^ wat u think?
Mismagius

theowest wrote:

Friends activity:

Ozzy uploaded "bla bla"
cheez is now a bat/mat.
etc

^ wat u think?
Probably would take too much space on the server.

Bumping this because it will end up forgotten.
theowest

Blue Dragon wrote:

theowest wrote:

Friends activity:

Ozzy uploaded "bla bla"
cheez is now a bat/mat.
etc

^ wat u think?
Probably would take too much space on the server.

Bumping this because it will end up forgotten.
It's just simple text compared to media... It shouldn't take up much space. >:
It's not like he hasn't got room for it.
Shohei Ohtani
@theowest: It'd probably work if it was another channel like #announce. Kind of like #subscription.

I know nothing about coding and stuff, but I'd guess it goes.

Activity x happens by mapper A
Bancho finds all online members subscribed to mapper A (reffered to as Members R)
Activity x is announced to members R in #subscribe

and since there's subscribing to mappers, there should be just subscribing to maps. I like to keep track of maps that I mod, but I don't want to keep track of ALL of the maps :D.

But that's probably already been suggested. You know, because there's 7 pages I don't feel like reading.
theowest

CDFA wrote:

@theowest: It'd probably work if it was another channel like #announce. Kind of like #subscription.

I know nothing about coding and stuff, but I'd guess it goes.

Activity x happens by mapper A
Bancho finds all online members subscribed to mapper A (reffered to as Members R)
Activity x is announced to members R in #subscribe

and since there's subscribing to mappers, there should be just subscribing to maps. I like to keep track of maps that I mod, but I don't want to keep track of ALL of the maps :D.

But that's probably already been suggested. You know, because there's 7 pages I don't feel like reading.
maybe.. But I'd like it much more if it was on your profile or something or somewhere else on the osu website. like youtube etc.
NatsumeRin
To make it brief enough, i think we could only add it in profile, with only 2 events shown to you, they are:

When the mapper submits a new map.
When the mapper gets a map ranked.

Consider about an average ranking speed of a popular mapper, it should be no more than 2~3 maps/month. Double this number since there are two events in the period of getting a map ranked.

If a player subscribe to 10 mappers he like, he will get 40~60 messages per month, shown in his profile (maybe a single "subscribe" page, or added in settings-mapper subscribtions.), means no more than 2 messages/day, it won't be too much anyway.

For space, it's simply copy&paste a message from the mapper's profile to the subscriber's subscribe page. And i think it' won't take much. There's a link in the message so you could decide whether to download it or not.
mm201
This is basically all I was going to do. Making subscription lists public would only add drama.
Plus make subscriptions searchable in osu!direct.
NatsumeRin
Also as a mapper i'd like to see who subscribe me though.
It could be also made a private thing? (only shown to the mapper himself?)
Larto
Or at least the amount of subscribers for e-peen measurement and comparison? ;p
Fight69

Larto wrote:

e-peen measurement and comparison? ;p
Is that supposed to be a bad thing ? :<
Larto
Nope! I wasn't sarcastic either, I'd like to see that! On youtube, formspring, and pretty much every other site that has a subscription system you can at the very least see the amount of subscribers you have. That usually works very well and doesn't cause drama, and even seeing the specific people who are following you shouldn't be terribly drama-causing, since you should respect who likes whose maps, and if you don't, you're being immature. The names of who favourited a map are being shown, too, anyways (at least some of them), and no one started drama about that so far.
Anyways, the number alone should definitely not hurt anyone more than showing the playcount and the rating on your maps alone does, and the specific people would be a nice extra. Maybe a "Hide your subscription(s)" button if you really think it'd be drama-causing? ;P
Mismagius

Larto wrote:

you should respect who likes whose maps, and if you don't, you're being immature
Welcome to osu! Enjoy your stay here!
Larto

Blue Dragon wrote:

Larto wrote:

you should respect who likes whose maps, and if you don't, you're being immature
Welcome to osu! Enjoy your stay here!
No, what usually is being criticized are the maps themselves or the song choice. Not the people who like either! Though I think that you need to undergo some kind of terrible psychical torture to like Nightcore and people who do should be lovingly cared for because they've undergone so much pain in their life BUT that is besides the point.
Natteke

Larto wrote:

Or at least the amount of subscribers for e-peen measurement and comparison? ;p
Yay! \:D/ I agree with Rin and Larto! Wanna know who my subbies will be :O
Autonom
i love this idea. there shouldn't be a subscribers count, just you getting a message upon start of osu that there is a new beatmap available(made by the subscribed/followed author). maybe the same for certain ''tags'' that you often search like touhou, vocaloid etc.
show more