forum

are songs like this literally impossible to rank or something

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KumiDaiko
song in question btw

the rapper is not rapping on beat so i had to use a bunch of 1/8, 1/12, even 1/16 beats to follow the vocals as accurately as possible. this leads to problems gameplay wise and im pretty sure 6 digits playing my 4* map aren't going to be happy lmao

is there anyway i can correctly follow the vocals while also making the map actually playable/rankable? i rly want this song to get a ranked map.
[[[[[[
Topic Starter
KumiDaiko

dPeace wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xauZuMPgiQw
LOL

pishifat aint helping with this tho. i swear i can time songs correctly.

i was getting my hopes up for a pishifat video on timing i am definitely not offended at all
lewski
yeah this has nothing to do with timing lol

you can probably approximate some of the snaps, for example if a vocal is 1/12 away from a drum putting a circle on the drum instead of the vocal may give you a more intuitive rhythm while also not feeling off at all because it's close enough and still backed by a sound

sliderhead leniency abuse can also come in handy (this already happens a lot in the map just because you used a lot of sliders but there may be spots with tricky rhythm where either circles or sliders would fit the song that you could make more lenient by opting for sliders)

but also I think the map's already pretty playable since a player as washed up as me can get kinda decent acc first try
Topic Starter
KumiDaiko

lewski wrote:

you can probably approximate some of the snaps, for example if a vocal is 1/12 away from a drum putting a circle on the drum instead of the vocal may give you a more intuitive rhythm while also not feeling off at all because it's close enough and still backed by a sound
thanks this will help i think
jaredlol123

KumiDaiko wrote:

song in question btw

the rapper is not rapping on beat so i had to use a bunch of 1/8, 1/12, even 1/16 beats to follow the vocals as accurately as possible. this leads to problems gameplay wise and im pretty sure 6 digits playing my 4* map aren't going to be happy lmao

is there anyway i can correctly follow the vocals while also making the map actually playable/rankable? i rly want this song to get a ranked map.
I don't think that its impossible to rank since there are some that uses 1/3, 1/8, 1/12 beats that I know in 4 star maps.
Topic Starter
KumiDaiko

jaredlol123 wrote:

KumiDaiko wrote:

song in question btw

I don't think that its impossible to rank since there are some that uses 1/3, 1/8, 1/12 beats that I know in 4 star maps.
yeah. rare snap divisors are 100% rankable, but only if the song supports it.

however this song's vocals are totally offbeat and is literally impossible to follow 100% accurately, and in an attempt to follow them as accurately as possible, i snapped the notes to those snap divisors.

i've never seen any other ranked map that tried to follow these offbeat vocals so i can't say for sure if this is any rankable or not
Shiraya Sayuki
Uhhhh, don't use anything above 1/8 really. Usually rap songs are more or less in 1/4 or 1/6 (depends on the bpm). What's wrong with your map (probably) is that your rythm choice may be off so therefore you should try to follow not the most obvious rythm, to prevent this from happening. And also do know that 1/12 and 1/16 are very rare to see so just stick to 1/6 and 1/4-1/8 since (1/12 and 1/16) are just multipliers.

I guess this is the map you are talking about beatmapsets/1809263#osu/3710890?
Topic Starter
KumiDaiko

Shiraya Sayuki wrote:

Uhhhh, don't use anything above 1/8 really. Usually rap songs are more or less in 1/4 or 1/6 (depends on the bpm). What's wrong with your map (probably) is that your rythm choice may be off so therefore you should try to follow not the most obvious rythm, to prevent this from happening. And also do know that 1/12 and 1/16 are very rare to see so just stick to 1/6 and 1/4-1/8 since (1/12 and 1/16) are just multipliers.

I guess this is the map you are talking about beatmapsets/1809263#osu/3710890?
hmm