forum

Starting out with digital art (with mouse)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nico-
My goal is to make Fantasy Landscapes as recently ive been captivated by artworks and i want to sketch out the worlds in my mind...

i have such bad motivation tho, how do u artists stay motivated to pursue art?
from my perspective, if im unable to do something properly, i simply give up no matter how much i desire it.
Mto1010
ahh i know that feeling.

For me i usually go on my socials and find other peoples art - sometimes i pass by something that's really beautiful, and get inspired for a bit.

Or if you have a fave artist already, you can always take a peek at some of their art
myarmsaaaa
I'm pretty much on the same boat as you. I do want to draw some cool landscapes, but I don't have much motivation, because of social media. I believe I can try to fix your problem.

if you can, try not to get frustrated and demotivated with bad results. every good artist has been there, but the difference is, they kept on working and working until they got the experience to draw "properly". It's like the game "getting over it". it's brutally difficult, and you can lose a ton of progress, but as time passes, you'll get better and better, resulting in you getting further and further, until you beat the game. in art terms, beating the game is drawing something that you and other people around you admire. Nobody is more critical of your drawings than yourself (this is something I've learned from crowne prince).

Basically, calm yourself while drawing, don't think too much, and draw more. I also recommend you post your drawings to forums about art, as you can get comments giving you constructive criticism. Use that criticism to polish your drawings more. If you're desperate to get better at art, watch a youtube video or something idk.
qinxin ni ganyu
I experience the same thing.

I usually go on social media to find some inspiration, watching yt tutorials, finding references. Calm down when you sketch something, Don't think about negative thoughts.

We "artists" started like you, don't worry~
MrMcMikey22
Hmmmm..Well my reason as to why I am sometimes doing art (Mostly when I get super bored and try to break 3D Paint as much as possible..), is because I mostly set the bars of drawing something or photoshopping something so low that basically almost anything becomes a masterpiece in my book xD [Maybe setting the bars super low for starting out digital art is a good idea?]