forum

Can people commission beatmaps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MangaGrumpy
Just wondering lol.
Blushing
As far as I know the only people that cannot accept commissions are any osu! team member (BNs, and NAT, more specifically because they work directly with the mapping scene), but they do reward a bounty system (or at least they did) for mappers that make specific difficulties for world cups, not sure if they do that anymore.
Topic Starter
MangaGrumpy
Wait, so I can commission you to do a beatmap?
[[[[[[

Blushing wrote:

they do reward a bounty system (or at least they did) for mappers that make specific difficulties for world cups, not sure if they do that anymore.
mappers that were "comissioned" for tourney weren't actually paid unfortunately

and yes you can commission mappers to make maps, but they can't be ranked
Topic Starter
MangaGrumpy
I don't really care if the map I commission is ranked lol.

Also the map I want to commission is for this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRejS-izaZo&t=20s
Blushing
Not the place nor the right people to do this with. Any asking of people to make a map for you is against the forum rules. If you want to do this type of asking itll be out of a public forum and in a DM or through some other means.

Forum Guidelines wrote:
Do NOT request beatmaps!
Making beatmaps is not an easy task because it takes a lot of time and effort. Try to make it yourself or ask your close friend.
DeletedUser_13957006
lewski

dPeace wrote:

and yes you can commission mappers to make maps, but they can't be ranked
yeah they can, it's fine as long as the nominating bns aren't paid. it's not realistic to expect bns to know whether a map was commissioned

BN rules wrote:

Do not partake or participate in paid modding, ranking OR beatmapping commissions.
Topic Starter
MangaGrumpy
HELP HOW DO I DELETE THE FORUM I'M GONNA GET BANNED HELP
lewski
lol

how naive of you to think moderators can't see deleted posts

but nah it doesn't really matter in case you aren't fully joking, I doubt you'll get any kind of punishment for one thoughtless map request in a thread about a totally reasonable question
nico-

MaxIsABigKaiju wrote:

I don't really care if the map I commission is ranked lol.

Also the map I want to commission is for this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRejS-izaZo&t=20s
there are some ppl in the community that map for others for fun, You can ask them