forum

Trying to time this song using the same timing for the same song, but its slightly off?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Steppo
the Song ARMED AND READY, im using the Timings from the 9* to help guide me but for some reason its slightly off, even though im using the same file and the same timings, its kind of driving me mad because i cant figure out why.
Zelzatter Zero
Could you upload the map file somewhere and give it to us so we can have a better comparison? Rn it's hard to tell if you're missing any step in copying timing or there's something else that desyncs the map.
Topic Starter
Steppo

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Could you upload the map file somewhere and give it to us so we can have a better comparison? Rn it's hard to tell if you're missing any step in copying timing or there's something else that desyncs the map.
not really sure what you mean? nor am i sure how to really go about it.. but i suppose all im doing is PLacing the MP3 Doing the Song details (artist song name etc) then going to timing Copy and pasting all of the red lines from beatmapsets/1289692#osu/2677191 but while this map is in sync, mine is not, was wondering why and how to fix it.
lewski
what zelzatter zero is saying is that you need to upload your map (either normally or File > Export Package in the top left of the editor) before anyone can help you, it's impossible to know what's wrong without seeing the map
Topic Starter
Steppo
beatmapsets/1815000#osu/3723379 i uploaded it but i dont understand why i use the exact same timing on the exact same song file yet mine isnt accurate but the other one is.
JustABeginner
I see the problem.

1.) Go to Timings and continue on to Timing Setup Panel.

2.) Click any of the timing points and press "Ctrl" + "A" to select all of the timing points.

3.) From "Move selected offsets by:", put it to -223 and click "Move" at the right.

I also notice you synchronise the metronome of the last timing point with the snare drum in the song.
I recommend you to synchronise the snare drum with the red line instead - follow this guitar strum with the metronome [00:46:478 (1,2,3,4) - ].
Zelzatter Zero
The actual problem is that the set you linked earlier has 2 audio files inside:

And basing from the audio metadata in yours I'd see that you chose the audio2 one instead of audio, which the latter is actually the one used in that aforementioned set.

The notable difference between the two besides the volume are the offset. The audio one starts much later than the audio2, which is the reason why the timing didn't work when transferring into your set.

The only solution, as suggested by JustABeginner, is to move all the timing points 223ms to the left. That'll fix the problem.