forum

Timing windows in osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gon
So i'm just wondering what is the timing window to hit a 300,100,50, etc. for the different accuracy levels out there. E.g. In Stepmania, for a judge 4 difficulty level, the timing window to hit a marvelous (perfect hit) is 0.0225 seconds (hit the key +/- 0.0225 seconds the moment the note lands to score a marvelous) , perfect = 0.045 seconds, great = 0.09s, and so on.

So yeah, pretty curious if anyone knows of this :D
D33d
It varies, depending on the difficulty setting.
Topic Starter
Gon

Gonzzz wrote:

for the different accuracy levels out there.
yep. just wondering if anyone (or peppy) has the full data on this lol. again just plain nerd curiousity, it'd be cool if anyone is willing to share but not too important i guess ;)
Waryas
OD10 is 10ms, OD8 is 20ms
just check in the editor with test mode.
Lybydose

JesusYamato wrote:

OD10 is 10ms, OD8 is 20ms
just check in the editor with test mode.
This is not true

done with OD10
Waryas
Weird i should redo some testing...
Hiyorin
I would be pretty interested in the data aswell.
aevv_old
how do you get 0 mistimed hits with 18ms late?

done at od10, was fluctuating by about 3-4ms

edit

this is done on 175 1/2 notes ar9 od10

im getting 60ms early/late is the threshold from 100 to 50, with 80 being the limit of a miss, cant get anything below 30 aside from 7ms diff which is a 300 though. 11ms late 300, so its above 10ms
Topic Starter
Gon
noice. so the tightest timing window is 10ms++ (or 18ms?) for od10 (what does od stand for anyway) i assume, funny that it has to be tested and that there's no absolute data around though ~_~

probably gonna check it out for the levels on the editor if i care enough, hurr. thanks for the info peeps
Larto