forum

Is hitsounding your map required for it to be ranked?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
B0ii
So I'm making an osu!mania map, and I want it to be ranked. Do I have to hitsound it in order for it to be ranked? And if so, should I use the default hitsounds, or should I use custom hitsounds?
[[[[[[
mania maps don't need to be hitsounded, however you'd need a custom hit-normal that give enough feedback
lewski

dPeace wrote:

you'd need a custom hit-normal
no? custom samples are never forced

Ranking Criteria wrote:

osu!mania beatmaps do not require hitsound additions. This is to allow for easier approachability to osu!mania mappers of different upbringings. It is still highly recommended to use hitsound additions to improve the feel of your beatmaps.
Zelzatter Zero
To summarize the two post, having custom samples or not is really up to your preference.

Indeed you can add one custom-hitnormal to improve the map feedback, but it isn't required.
[[[[[[

lewski wrote:

dPeace wrote:

you'd need a custom hit-normal
no? custom samples are never forced

Ranking Criteria wrote:

osu!mania beatmaps do not require hitsound additions. This is to allow for easier approachability to osu!mania mappers of different upbringings. It is still highly recommended to use hitsound additions to improve the feel of your beatmaps.
i thought custom samples are forced cuz i saw this community/forums/topics/830264?n=79