forum

left thumb 7k beginner

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ravonine
yo i am a 7k beginner i am struggling to use my left thumb (i am right handed) i cannot control my hands my right thumb comes out first and presses the note and when i try to use my left thumb it holds back and misses
pls help
Gamesnake7
At this stage it's better to use only one thumb to hit the middle note, so uh maybe first thing to do is choosing what thumb you'll use to hit it
Picot Gris
that and continue to practice some low level map (2 stars) for improve your finger independance and learn to differentiate the column.
Don't forget to learn these beginner pattern that you find in these level : simple note, stairs, long note (hold and release), long note + rice.
Haengsyo
As someone who had the same issue, just play through it and push. I'm also a left-thumb 7k player who's right handed, and so are several other top players. It's normal to use the wrong fingers to hit notes at first.
kaleksi

Haengsyo wrote:

As someone who had the same issue, just play through it and push. I'm also a left-thumb 7k player who's right handed, and so are several other top players. It's normal to use the wrong fingers to hit notes at first.
Why would you try to use left thumb if your right thumb comes out more naturally? I'm right handed and use right thumb, should I not have learned that way?
Entropy21

kaleksi wrote:

Haengsyo wrote:

Why would you try to use left thumb if your right thumb comes out more naturally? I'm right handed and use right thumb, should I not have learned that way?
im also right handed but i use my left thumb for 7k, its just comfortable compared to my right thumb at least for me

ok now im itching to play 7k next time i play, its been a long while
Haengsyo

kaleksi wrote:

Haengsyo wrote:

Right thumb doesn’t come more naturally for everyone, you can’t assume. For me, I use my left thumb to jump in FPS games, which is why I used it for 7k. Players like Alter- and DP_ also use left thumb while being right handed. It’s just preference.

Edit: do you want to join a 7k US server?
kaleksi

Haengsyo wrote:

kaleksi wrote:

Haengsyo wrote:

Right thumb doesn’t come more naturally for everyone, you can’t assume. For me, I use my left thumb to jump in FPS games, which is why I used it for 7k. Players like Alter- and DP_ also use left thumb while being right handed. It’s just preference.

Edit: do you want to join a 7k US server?
Ah I see, I figured if you're accidentally using your right thumb then that would mean it's more comfortable but the FPS game thing makes sense. I guess it's your right handedness and your muscle memory from other games fighting against each other :D

And yes, I would like to join!
iShanoa

Ravonine wrote:

yo i am a 7k beginner i am struggling to use my left thumb (i am right handed) i cannot control my hands my right thumb comes out first and presses the note and when i try to use my left thumb it holds back and misses
pls help

I'm also a beginner (I had a bit of experience from playing O2 Mania before but it wasn't note worthy since I only played for a while) and I can say that this is fairly normal!!

I'm also right handed and I use my left thumb for spacebar. What I can say is continue practicing until you get the hang of it! XD

edit: NVM this post, you're even better than me!
Topic Starter
Ravonine

iShanoa wrote:

Ravonine wrote:

pls help

I'm also a beginner (I had a bit of experience from playing O2 Mania before but it wasn't note worthy since I only played for a while) and I can say that this is fairly normal!!

I'm also right handed and I use my left thumb for spacebar. What I can say is continue practicing until you get the hang of it! XD

edit: NVM this post, you're even better than me!
No i am not better than you i just played a lot of ranked maps