forum

osu!player | An osu! music-player with some extra features

posted
Total Posts
show more
Liolanse
Hello, ilove this player.
but I can´t find where i can find to delete double songs!
Topic Starter
Founntain

Liolanse wrote:

Hello, ilove this player.
but I can´t find where i can find to delete double songs!

Thanks you, great to hear that you like it. Currently there is nothing to sort out double songs. There are a couple of reasons for this:
We use the beatmap checksum.
Because of that there can't be a map with the same checksum twice or more.
We don't do that, because of many songs have the same title, artist etc. but the audio file is different in terms of lenght as an example.
We can look into that if it is possible, but I think this will be hard and really hard to implement. But I hope its not kind of a bummer.
Itsuka_Hiro
I Really love it !!!
Topic Starter
Founntain

Itsuka_Hiro wrote:

I Really love it !!!
Thank you really much <3
TacoBelles
Hi,,, how do I import songs?
Topic Starter
Founntain

TacoBelles wrote:

Hi,,, how do I import songs?
By clicking on this label
ItsRainbows
Hello! This music player is fantastic, but I am confused why my client seems very clunky and slow. When I scroll it takes a while for the client to catch up. Also just clicking between tabs on the side takes about 2-4 seconds for the transition
Topic Starter
Founntain

ItsRainbows wrote:

Hello! This music player is fantastic, but I am confused why my client seems very clunky and slow. When I scroll it takes a while for the client to catch up. Also just clicking between tabs on the side takes about 2-4 seconds for the transition
Great to hear, that you love it. It could have several reasons tho.
Maybe a slow connection. So API and Online stuff makes the player slow. You can try it in offline mode (enable it in the settings) and look if it still is there.

However it also can be a slow GPU or CPU, another reason could be a slow or old Hard Drive
morcfiz
So I have an account, but I can't use it, cause I'm not quite sure how one would log in? Currently I'm just using a guest account, but I would like to use the one I originally created.
Topic Starter
Founntain

morcfiz wrote:

So I have an account, but I can't use it, cause I'm not quite sure how one would log in? Currently I'm just using a guest account, but I would like to use the one I originally created.
Hey there, if your username in the player was Morcfizel, then you deleted your profile by yourself, according to the API.

If you have Discord you can message me there, because its easier for me to handle it instead of the forums.

Discord: Founntain#7777

Or write me here and DM so we can resolve your profile issue.
Topic Starter
Founntain

New server and cloudflare issues

Need to address the issue here too.

We changed our server and also switched to cloudflare. However we have some issues with cloudflare not able to resolve our domain properly.

This results in a huge wait time and over and over again because the clients waits for timeout.
However we released a hotfix.

To get this update and use the player as intended, do ONE of these steps:

1) Download the update manualy and replace it with your current installation

or

2) Go into the data folder and open the config.json with any editor. Now change offline mode to true. Start the player, ignore the profile warning. (because you disabled API connection it cant load the profile) Download the update, install it and disable offline mode after a successfull update.

We are really sorry for this and my friend and me will investigate this issue with our domain.
FlexOffender
hello me and my friend @Kingens are trying to make a listening party and it isn't working. It either won't let us join eachother, both public and with the ID, or it just crashes.

edit: it worked literally right after i typed this, we did nothing
Topic Starter
Founntain

FlexOffender wrote:

hello me and my friend @Kingens are trying to make a listening party and it isn't working. It either won't let us join eachother, both public and with the ID, or it just crashes.

edit: it worked literally right after i typed this, we did nothing
Sorry for late response. Could be version missmatch, old version, or simply the API made some oopsi or beeing down for a while.
Topic Starter
Founntain
Update Download URL in the post.
Shoraaa
Is the source code ready to be released? :c
Topic Starter
Founntain

Shoraaa wrote:

No, sadly not yet. However if you are interessted in any part, feature or technical aspecr of the osu!player. Hit me up herr or via DM, Discord or Email.

Cheers
Topic Starter
Founntain
Updated download links in the descriptions. Thanks for telling me people, I appreaciate it!

Shoraaa wrote:

We now have an open source version, which is a cross platform rewrite of the osu!player which is still WIP but it's open source now and this version will replace the osu!player plus sooner or later.

It can be found here:
https://github.com/Founntain/osuplayer
yf_bmp
Hi I just find this fortuitously. I have an altanitive project: https://github.com/Milkitic/Osu-Player, but as my first project to learn how to UI, it's too antiquated. I want to do refactor (winui3 branch), but I'm tired.
I'm excited to see such brand new project. But I have some questios:
  1. Can it/will it support playing hitsounds? This is core function of mine.
  2. It looks that you are trying to use Avalionia UI, idk if it can port the software to ios/android (more pragmatic). Have you considered about Maui?
I'm intersted in this project :D. It would be nice if there is some discussion server cuz I wish further discussions.
Topic Starter
Founntain

yf_bmp wrote:

Hi I just find this fortuitously. I have an altanitive project: https://github.com/Milkitic/Osu-Player, but as my first project to learn how to UI, it's too antiquated. I want to do refactor (winui3 branch), but I'm tired.
I'm excited to see such brand new project. But I have some questios:
  1. Can it/will it support playing hitsounds? This is core function of mine.
  2. It looks that you are trying to use Avalionia UI, idk if it can port the software to ios/android (more pragmatic). Have you considered about Maui?
I'm intersted in this project :D. It would be nice if there is some discussion server cuz I wish further discussions.
Hey there. Thanks for the words and interesst. Actually it's not a brand new project the osu!player was release since November 2017 to the public ;) We just rewrote it often to keep it up to date. 😉
WinUi3 is amazing, but sadly is Windows only, thats why we chose AvaloniaUI, to have the ability to realease crossplatform on Windows, MacOS and Linux Desktop PC's.

To your questions:
1. No we don't support hitsounds and don't want to. This is a music player and not a hit sound player etc. The project is focused on playing the songs only.
2. We are not trying to use AvaloniaUI, we are using AvaloniaUI. We heard about .NET MAUI and considered it, but didn't decide for that, because it was really fresh when we started the Avalonia rewrite. So we stick with Avalonia for now, because it has all the features we need and want.

If you have further questions, we have a Discord-Server 👋
yf_bmp
Thanks for reply.
trying to use -> using - Sorry I've wrote something improper indeed.

I tried to read code and build myself today, and I've found it's a project that with long history.
I wished to merge my project to yours, but you clearly expressed that you don't plan to make hitsound related functions (Actually including storyboard but I didn't mention)... What a shame😥
Topic Starter
Founntain

yf_bmp wrote:

Thanks for reply.
trying to use -> using - Sorry I've wrote something improper indeed.

I tried to read code and build myself today, and I've found it's a project that with long history.
I wished to merge my project to yours, but you clearly expressed that you don't plan to make hitsound related functions (Actually including storyboard but I didn't mention)... What a shame😥
As stated we are only focused on the music. Which is the core aspect of a music player of course. If the user want's to browse hitsounds from skins or beatmaps there are plenty of tools that were made for that case and should be used. We did a lot of feature creeping back than and want to reduce that and focus on the core of what it is ment to be.

Ideas and functionality like these is something that can be thought of. But in these almost 5 years we learned that, users want to listen to the music and mostly even have somekind of miniplayer that just has controls. So no video, storyboard or etc. I love to include these options maybe in the distant future, but not for sure.

Please don't get me wrong. I don't want to say that those ideas and suggestions are bad. I just want to point out that they don't fit in the aspect of a music player (which purpose, well, is playing music).

For hitsounds for skins /maps: Use tools that are made for that, which I'm greatful that they exist at all.
For storyboards: either watch them in osu! / osu! lazer (because I'm certainly sure, that osu! does the best storyboard rendering for this purpose), or use software that was also build for that.