forum

Can maps like this be ranked?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Raiaki
Hi, I just got into mapping and still a newbie to many things. As I progressed my map I thought of doing something else with it. I made sliders with circles in them. I wanna know if things like these are acceptable for ranking, if not then I'll stick to the standard map styles. Many thanks!

Here's the map : beatmapsets/1784323#osu/3654348
JustABeginner
Quick answer, no.

The spacing emphasise needs improvement.
Object placements are random.
Sliders a bit too fast consider this is a hard difficulty.

And this one just sends the map to graveyard: 00:38:539 (1,2) -

It's fine if your first map isn't going to be ranked.
Most experienced mappers take more time to figure out things slowly.

Be sure to read this Ranking Criteria here on how to get your maps rankable.

---

And if you want someone's feedback about your maps, try going to this subforum next time: community/forums/60

Here, you can find lots of modders - mappers who willingly to give feedbacks about your map, and getting back on track to improve your general knowledge about mapping.
Be sure to follow some rules here and there.
And also read this rule too before heading to that subforum: Click here

That's all, and have fun mapping.
Topic Starter
Raiaki
Okies, I'll do my best, thank you!
DeletedUser_13957006

JustABeginner wrote:

Be sure to read this Ranking Criteria here on how to get your maps rankable.
btw, just because your map is "technically rankable" (aka doesnt break any rc rule) doesn't mean it is actually rankable. the actual quality standards are actually much higher than you would expect from solely reading the ranking criteria so keep that in mind if you try to push something for ranking in the future
PentagonGlxy
Also the source seems not so rankable since you need to find the source from Google or by Anime List.
i am very gay

PentagonGlxy wrote:

Also the source seems not so rankable since you need to find the source from Google or by Anime List.
wrong. you have to find the source from somewhere official such as the official website or social media. websites like MAL and most google results arent official so they arent valid.
kundi
you have a bunch of unsnaps and circles inside of sliders at the timeline which makes it basically unrankable
fluxie31
This map is based. Unrankable for sure, but based as hell.