forum

Is stack leniency 0 rankable?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sophie Twilight
If not, then what's lowest rankable stack leniency for general and Normal difficulties?

Situation:
I'm probably trying to rank a TV size mapset and a single-difficulty marathon, but I always wonder about stack leniency thing.
Petal
yes
Topic Starter
Sophie Twilight
THANK YOU FOR THE GRACIOUS ANSWER
i am very gay

Sophie Twilight wrote:

If not, then what's lowest rankable stack leniency for general and Normal difficulties?

Situation:
I'm probably trying to rank a TV size mapset and a single-difficulty marathon, but I always wonder about stack leniency thing.
for normals its really not recommended to have stack leniency 0, however. it makes it very hard for people playing at that level to read
Eni
Stack leniency is covered by the rule that says "objects 1 beat apart or less must not fully overlap". When the stack leniency is low enough, objects no longer automatically stack and instead fully overlap. Note that mods like HR affect stack leniency, so mappers usually choose a stack leniency high enough that objects still stack with mods, or low enough that they stack nomod but not with mods.

The default stack leniency 7 is good for most maps, although there's nothing wrong with choosing a lower stack leniency for low diffs as long as you don't break the rule above. In this case you'd have to either manually stack objects or avoid mapping objects that would auto-stack otherwise.

Note that manually stacked objects will look "weird" compared to auto-stacked ones if the player plays the map with HR (since manually stacked objects are flipped), so avoid doing this on easier maps. Also note that scaling BPM on the ranking criteria applies, so objects 1 beat apart can fully overlap at e.g. 90 BPM.
sxnshine2020

Sophie Twilight wrote:

Situation:
yes, but depends on star rating (ranking criteria)