forum

IRC Ghosts

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
EiJi
Now I dunno how you're going to do this without Nickserv, Peppy...

But if you're connected to IRC with Osu! and get disconnected, your ghost is obviously stuck there for ~600 seconds and there's no way to kill it. This generates an 'unable to connect' error.

If you connect to chat with Osu! and the name is already in use, the old client should be kicked off the network. Easily done with a ghost command sent to nickserv, but you obviously don't have that. :P
awp
An IRC bot with op priviledges commanded via osu! scripts should be able to accomplish this task, however.
Topic Starter
EiJi
OP privileges would not be enough. It would have to have IRCOP power (server op), in order for it to kick users off the server itself.

Even if the bot kicked you off every channel (you join 3 channels when you connect...know that?) your nick would still be connected to the server and thus you would still get the error.
awp
Well, then give it IRCOP. I haven't hosted IRC before so I'm not familiar enough with the terminology.

Should I have just said "the equivalent of root access"?
peppy
osu! should still be able to connect to irc - it should be adding a random number to the end of you name if you are already connected/ghosting... i hope ;)
Echo

EiJi wrote:

If you connect to chat with Osu! and the name is already in use, the old client should be kicked off the network.

(of course, peppy would implement checks to stop this from happening, but imagine the possibilities...)
Topic Starter
EiJi

peppy wrote:

osu! should still be able to connect to irc - it should be adding a random number to the end of you name if you are already connected/ghosting... i hope ;)
Nope.
Upsilon_old
It used to add "|" on the end but now it just doesn't connect.