forum

White and red ticks

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lovelivenicoc
I'm new to mapping here and tryna get feedback. I just received a mod with really good feedback. One thing that intrigued me is the mention of how to map white and red ticks. I got told that I shouldn't put a slider end on a white thick. So I went to check for answers on how to map them but I couldn't find any. I also checked if other ranked maps had slider ends on white tick and yes there were. Can someone explain to me how to map white tick? Does it have to be followed? Also is there a specific way to map red ticks because I didn't really understand what he meant, can someone explain?
WitherMite
Not really a hard rule that tails shouldnt be on white ticks, but slider heads should go on sounds that are stronger or equal to thier tails, since you dont click the tails.

Because of music theory stuff generally the white tick will be the stronger sound if your timing is correct, but there are exceptions where the rhythm doesnt emphasize the beats. There are even some times where a blue tick is the important sound.

Just remember that clicked rhythm (active) should be on more important sounds than held rhythm like spinners and sliderends (passive). If both a white and red tick sound the same to you prioritize the white tick, as that is the beat of the song.
Topic Starter
lovelivenicoc
Thx, it does make more sense.