forum

osu! Ranking rule #1

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FOTCH
Says "Hit objects must never be off-screen in 4:3 aspect ratios. Hit objects that are even partially off-screen can create reading difficulties. Test play your beatmap to confirm this."

How come every single ranked map these days always has some objects that at least partially located off-screen in that 4:3 grid?
Tayuno
Can you name any examples? I'm really sure that you're perceiving it wrong, because otherwise they wouldn't be ranked.
gummibar
im not exactly sure that this is what you mean, but the 4:3 grid used in the editor does not represent that ranking criteria. rather, that rule is referring to the actual monitor space itself when playing through the map, specifically when the in game resolution is set to a 4:3 ratio.
Zelzatter Zero

Tayuno wrote:

Can you name any examples? I'm really sure that you're perceiving it wrong, because otherwise they wouldn't be ranked.
yeah me too, because I recall clearly that my ranked map even has someone reporting offscreen slider issue before

to OP: Maybe you actually see those in-editor instead? There are lots of cases where an object appears to be offscreen in the editor but looks fine in the actual gameplay.
Corne2Plum3
In the editor, you have a 4:3 grid where you can place the objects. An object may be off-screen if the CENTER of the object is outside the grid (center of the hitcircle or the center of the slider track)

Edit: the objects in the editor aren't always scaled to the real gameplay. For example, you may see a circle being cut off by the screen border in the editor but not in gameplay.
smolship
Most people just use mapset verifier to check for offscreens