forum

Is it normal?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ThangProVip
So im a new mapper and really want to get some feedback from players and mappers, but it seems like really hard to get mods from them. I've posted my map in like 20 modding queues and also alot on https://osumod.com/ but rarely get reply from them. Is it because my map toooo bad or im a new mapper or the length of my map is too long or my English is too bad?, i don't really know why my map keep getting ignore.

This is my map hope someone can take a look and tell me what's my problem, thanks.
Eni
Yes it's normal. Even if you're an experienced mapper people may not want to mod your map.

1. A proper mod is a big time commitment and mapping (once you get good at it) is faster than modding.
2. Most new mappers map high diffs since those are less restricted by the Ranking Criteria, however this means that the modder must be good enough to explain subjective and intersubjective issues in a reasonable way.
3. Most modders that are good enough at doing those things would rather mod maps that they like, so you usually end up with new mappers modding other new mapper maps, which results in major issues being ignored and incorrect usage of the term "unrankable".

Besides that, there are simply too many maps to mod. osu! is an old game with a lot of history and tons of mappers. It's impossible to help everyone, so most modders only mod the sets that interest them the most.
Topic Starter
ThangProVip

Project Railgun wrote:

Yes it's normal. Even if you're an experienced mapper people may not want to mod your map.

1. A proper mod is a big time commitment and mapping (once you get good at it) is faster than modding.
2. Most new mappers map high diffs since those are less restricted by the Ranking Criteria, however this means that the modder must be good enough to explain subjective and intersubjective issues in a reasonable way.
3. Most modders that are good enough at doing those things would rather mod maps that they like, so you usually end up with new mappers modding other new mapper maps, which results in major issues being ignored and incorrect usage of the term "unrankable".

Besides that, there are simply too many maps to mod. osu! is an old game with a lot of history and tons of mappers. It's impossible to help everyone, so most modders only mod the sets that interest them the most.
This is details enough for me, tyvm. Was thought im doing something wrong.
AnimeStyle
Also keep in mind that your set is over 5 minutes and vocaloid - two things that generally aren't as hot to most modders. So even if your set was good, most people would skip it from effort/music taste alone.

Stuff like this shouldn't discourage you tho, chances are if you like a song/map someone else will too <3
sayucat_
i will check this when i have time
Zawajiro
hi refer from my own modding queue & my collab modding queue. if you wondered if i rejected your request and why, then it is probably similar to AnimeStyle's reasoning to reject, plus you're so new as well (giving mods to new mappers took a bunch of time).

another reason you getting rejected for mods might be you're seem trying to get loved, most ppl out there only mod map that are going for rank so :)

also if you want to get mods faster i recommend to check "new mappers modding queue" out there or someone that may like the song (you could just read the detail on their queue), they will probably give you higher chances to get accepted on modding.

gl~
MrMcMikey22

ThangProVip wrote:

So im a new mapper and really want to get some feedback from players and mappers, but it seems like really hard to get mods from them. I've posted my map in like 20 modding queues and also alot on https://osumod.com/ but rarely get reply from them. Is it because my map toooo bad or im a new mapper or the length of my map is too long or my English is too bad?, i don't really know why my map keep getting ignore.

This is my map hope someone can take a look and tell me what's my problem, thanks.
Bruh this beatmap has more 500 plays more than my most played map! xD (It's in the graveyard) (And yes I'm a new mapper too..xP)