forum

Which keyboard

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
khayyamsheep
Heys guy which type of keyboard do you recommend mechanical or membrane
midgy
Generally p much any switches work, you can even play on a membrane to an extremely high level (for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjSR-IddHr8 )
However there is a real case to be made for why browns/reds are better than blues and this is because of how the actuation point works, more specifically how the reset works if you look here:

you can see how the key needs to be entirely raised to reset for another keytap.
As for which is better between the reds/speed silver/browns the only real defining factor is the amount of travel necessary if you bottom out the key, but in order tap as fast as possible you shouldn’t ever bottom out or completely reset the key and instead motion it above and below the actuation point (known as “actuation surfing”) and browns give a clear indicator of where this is whereas reds/speed silvers don’t, essentially making it the same as trying to learn how to acc if the game never showed you any of your judgements, you can do it sure but it’s waaaay harder for no real reason.
(P.S. a LOT of people prefer gateron browns to cherry mx browns as they’re a bit lighter)
Poptont
if you use membrane your dumb af
get sk61 red switch or if your like me and want to deck out your kb get some keycaps and lube up some akko rose reds, fill your case with foam and tape mod ur pcb and shove some small pieces of foam up ur stabs' asses
midgy

Poptont wrote:

get sk61 red switch or if your like me and want to deck out your kb get some keycaps and lube up some akko rose reds, fill your case with foam and tape mod ur pcb and shove some small pieces of foam up ur stabs' asses
wrong
Poptont

midgy wrote:

Poptont wrote:

wrong
right
mystV
i dont know
pofnkul
I play on membrane cuz poor.

Ok now actual answer: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hNMXn_nkpXZIpDHZBcp95E7OweL4594_WDLCY_vTvm0/edit#gid=395393592

Also don't be dumb, read the notice please.
Haengsyo

Poptont wrote:

1. You're*
2. Membrane is more than viable. Examples include Hello_Son on 4k who got up to top 500 with membrane extremely quickly, and on 7k there is TsukiyaWhiskers who also climbed the ranks at an absurd rate with a membrane keyboard. Mechanical has its perks, but don't let it be an excuse that you tell yourself.
Poptont
membrane eats ass
edp446
There should be a pinned post about this, but NO rhythm gamer should be buying the SK, DK, or GK series. While those keyboards are decked out with juicy specs like optical switches for only $60-70, their polling rates are at an abysmal 100hz.
Poptont
well ive been using an sk61 and ive gotten to 9k and then i rusted
pofnkul

edp446 wrote:

There should be a pinned post about this, but NO rhythm gamer should be buying the SK, DK, or GK series. While those keyboards are decked out with juicy specs like optical switches for only $60-70, their polling rates are at an abysmal 100hz.
Just pin the keyboard spreadsheet or sumthing.
I might make a post of all the good useful resources but I don't have too many rn.