forum

Streams D:

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MachineWise
How, how do you do streams?! My fingers freeze up and i just end up spamming zx and failing. How long did it take you to get good at streams? So frustrating XD
OzzyOzrock
I use my streaming fingers for other games, so it's a BIT easier for me, almost came naturally when I started :<
Topic Starter
MachineWise
Hm, i can do streams pretty well with x/left mouse but my accuracy goes wayyyyy down and i lose a lot of control =/.
aevv_old

flips30240 wrote:

Hm, i can do streams pretty well with x/left mouse but my accuracy goes wayyyyy down and i lose a lot of control =/.
i play this style, and had similar problems when i was new, but after sticking with it it's payed off massively as i breeze through any streams to around 240 bpm, and click-x has huge endurance
Topic Starter
MachineWise
Yea i do like it as i can maintain great bpm with it, im only a little worried about my mouse lol. Its an 80$ razer naga XD back from my wow days :O
aevv_old
should be fine
Topic Starter
MachineWise
awesome :D how long did it take to get it down?
OzzyOzrock
tap-x lets me SS 200+ streams lol
aevv_old
honestly cant say, im still 1 year from starting playing stream maps most of the time as i enjoy them, and played them from the start basically too. any playstyle will be decent if you put effort into learning it though. only drawback is click x limits your ability to switch to tablet without relearning streams

OzzyOzrock wrote:

its actually low speed most tap/click x players complain about, 120-160 seems to give most people trouble. i dont have issue with any bpm though, so who knows
Topic Starter
MachineWise
I dont have any problems with slower streams with tap/x other than mouse control but that will get better as i practice :D.
OzzyOzrock

aevv wrote:

OzzyOzrock wrote:

its actually low speed most tap/click x players complain about, 120-160 seems to give most people trouble. i dont have issue with any bpm though, so who knows
Yeah, when it comes to streams I can't one hand, or two hand, I'm screwed. Like, Larto's 'One' map, gaaaah.
Mismagius
tap+2 is fast stream paradise

BUT ONLY THAT

I can FC 180-280BPM streams, but ANYTHING that's 140-179 is HELL.
I can singletap 140-, so that's not a problem.
aevv_old

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Yeah, when it comes to streams I can't one hand, or two hand, I'm screwed. Like, Larto's 'One' map, gaaaah.
fucking quiet section is all i green, 1/2s are hell l2stream guys
SapphireGhost
I can easily do all the low BPM streams ~
I don't like Shiirnspeed streams, though. Those aren't fun.
TKiller
just as a side note

Left-C-Right-X or Left-Right-X-C (or whataver your layout is) allow much faster speeds than 200-220 long streams (while maintaining good accuracy), but are almost impossible if you don't play other rhythm games a lot.

And even if you do, it's pretty hard to perform, but was worth it when I've finally managed to.

Though I can't do that anymore again, requres constant training, I guess.
Fabi
There are also others variables such as, position, comfort, keyboard, flexible fingers, etc. But, obviously, the most important thing is to practice.
Kodoshi

Ever17 wrote:

There are also others variables such as, position, comfort, keyboard, flexible fingers, etc. But, obviously, the most important thing is to practice.
training is the most important thing but don't expect to get better that fast, it took me from dec 2010 until now to get better from 170 bpm streams to 230 (BARELY... most of the times i can keep up for a while long 200 bpm streams but not for so long if it's over because my fingers trip on themselves or slow down even though i'm trying to keep the speed)