forum

How do i add another song on a different map difficulity?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MegaCoolNameXD
I tried opening the osz file, but when the game opened it, i got the message from the game that osu doesn't knows what to do with the file.

Can you convert a osz file into a txt file or something? If no, are there any other ways to do it?
WitherMite
wiki/en/Client/File_formats/Osu_%28file_format%29#general

change the AudioFilename option in the .osu file of the map you want a different song to whatever the filename of the new song is.

dont export to an osz, just go to the song folder in your osu install, there are options in the file dropdown of the editor to either open the map's .osu in notepad, or to open up the song folder.
Topic Starter
MegaCoolNameXD

WitherMite wrote:

change the AudioFilename option in the .osu file of the map you want a different song to whatever the filename of the new song is.

dont export to an osz, just go to the song folder in your osu install, there are options in the file dropdown of the editor to either open the map's .osu in notepad, or to open up the song folder.
so you can export the difficulity into a .txt and change the song?
WitherMite

MegaCoolNameXD wrote:

WitherMite wrote:

no, you dont export it, the .osu is a plain text file you can edit just like a .txt and is how the map is stored in your song folder.
Topic Starter
MegaCoolNameXD

WitherMite wrote:

MegaCoolNameXD wrote:

WitherMite wrote:

no, you dont export it, the .osu is a plain text file you can edit just like a .txt and is how the map is stored in your song folder.
how do i edit it? im sorry for late answers
WitherMite

MegaCoolNameXD wrote:

WitherMite wrote:

MegaCoolNameXD wrote:

WitherMite wrote:

how do i edit it? im sorry for late answers
with a plain text editing program like notepad, if you're on windows you should just be able to open it and there will be text you can change. the editor even has a button in the file dropdown (top left) you can use to just open the .osu file of the diff you have open in notepad so you dont have to find it in your song folder. remember to save the file when you're done.