forum

I am having trouble dealing with streams

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
McEndu
As title says. Whether it is trills or stairs or just random notes, Once it exceeded around 200BPM, I would have difficulty handling it. This is true even if the stream have no chords in it, and has become more apparent after a keyboard change. I can now only reach somewhere from 85% to 95% when faced with such patterns.

Are there any good training maps for streams? How should I practice? Any tips are welcome.
Gamesnake7
Speed maps (which mainly use streams) are the type of maps whose main difficulty comes from the BPM, and as such two 3* maps with different BPMs have different difficulties too. I suppose you could start off with a BPM in your comfort zone (e.g. 190) then work your way up when you have a good accuracy (97%+). Tap lighter too, the only way to press faster notes is to tap lighter.

By the way do you have Etterna? If you have then there are lots of speed packs there. (I have no feet and I must stream, Tachyon Alpha, Tachyon Beta, etc.) You might want to grab one of them and practice on the songs there. If it's too fast then it's ok, downrate it. Just keep in mind to uprate it as soon as you get good accuracy.

Oh and keep in mind, speed maps with BPM well beyond your skill aren't recommended to play yet as your acc will dwindle for most of the time.

I seriously should apply this to myself too lol
midgy
find maps at a speed you can comfortably get a 97%+ then put the map on 1.1x and try it again to try and 97% that version, speed needs to be built up and not just jump into fast stuff since control is a big part of it

https://github.com/FunOrange/osu-trainer < RATE CHANGER