forum

Can't Pass Galaxy Collapse

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DeltaNami
So, I have an issue. I cannot - for the life of me - pass galaxy collapse. I know I can do it, and I've gotten really, REALLY close before a few times, but I always fail right at the end. Hence, I come here for help. The entire song I can do just fine until the second part of the last chorus with the bpm change. Once I get there, all my runs die - including one where I actually got past it and failed at the last burst. Otherwise, the rest of the song is pretty easy. I had a run today where I went into the first chorus after the buildup with 97%, then going into the second I had 94.5%. So at this point I'm at a loss. I've tried to train jackhammers for about a month or so, since I figured that was a weak skillset of mine (I have fairly low scores on swampgator and algorithm), but to no avail. Should I continue training jacks until I get to that point? Should I focus on stamina, or maybe learn to manip better? For all I know there isn't too much else to learn here, but I figured it was worth a shot, since it's been really frustrating me for a while. Thanks for any tips!

-Sincerely, a struggling mania player
[LS]PositoniX
stop playing galaxy collapse, if you play it too much you could mindblock it and make it even harder to pass it

take a break from that map and focus on improving the skillsets you're lacking in to pass it, judging by what you describe it seems like you're dying at the jumptrill bits at the end. frankly it doesnt matter how well you can do the map if you cannot endure the jumptrills in the end. i'd reccomend you focus on jumptrills and stamina, and just forget about galaxy collapse until you feel like you're improved in these two fields significantly
Lights
y tho. so much good stuff you could play instead. is the pp really worth it?
Topic Starter
DeltaNami
Ah thank you both for the suggestions. I had made a goal for myself to pass it by the end of the year, which is why I'm so flustered about it. I suppose it would be better if I just let it rest, you're right. Also, I feel like my jumptrills are fine, and I can do the jumptrill bit at the end, it's just all those really fast mini chordjacks beforehand that screw me over. In any case, I'll keep on working towards it, thanks again!
[LS]PositoniX

Delta386 wrote:

Ah thank you both for the suggestions. I had made a goal for myself to pass it by the end of the year, which is why I'm so flustered about it. I suppose it would be better if I just let it rest, you're right. Also, I feel like my jumptrills are fine, and I can do the jumptrill bit at the end, it's just all those really fast mini chordjacks beforehand that screw me over. In any case, I'll keep on working towards it, thanks again!
dw if you cant do it by the end of the year, though feel free to try on new years day if your improvement is good

otherwise, try to move your goal to the end of janurary-february to be kinder to your time

gl on your goal
McEndu
Late congratulations for passing Galaxy Collapse