forum

Is it possible to rank my map?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ThangProVip
Hello guys, im new to mapping and this is one of my first map beatmapsets/1678984#osu/3430165 , i don't know if its good enough to be ranked, can you guys give me some advices?, thanks.
Eni
If you have to ask if your map is "good enough to be ranked" then it probably isn't. I looked at it for a few seconds and two obvious issues were it's still a WIP and there are no combo colors. In general, your map should follow the Ranking Criteria as well as meet the quality standards of the nominators you ask to nominate it.

My advice to you is to play a lot of different maps and look at them in the editor. Try to understand why you like certain maps more than others and apply those concepts to your own maps. Play your map followed by your favorite maps and see what's different about them.

Good luck with your future maps!
Topic Starter
ThangProVip
Wow, i never thought that i need to follow that much rules, i know my first map's gonna be suck so i played some ranked maps that has easy patterns like harumachi, black clover,... and try to do like them but its harder than i thought haha, thank you very much for the infomations.
[[[[[[
based song choice

tho i do not think that a generic pp farm mapping style fits this song
Topic Starter
ThangProVip

dPeace wrote:

based song choice

Sure its not fit for my song, i just take them as references because they're the easiest ranked maps in my opinion.
[[[[[[

ThangProVip wrote:

dPeace wrote:

based song choice

Sure its not fit for my song, i just take them as references because they're the easiest ranked maps in my opinion.
i recommend learning the basic of mapping via guides like pishifat's videos (note that these videos are from 2016-2017 so some of it, (especially the inregular rhythm video) may be outdated) instead of finding "simple maps" to reference, it's gonna be better for your improvement in the long run. (don't wanna make it sounds like referencing map is bad, it's just not a good way to learn mapping)
Zawajiro

dPeace wrote:

ThangProVip wrote:

dPeace wrote:

based song choice

i recommend learning the basic of mapping via guides like pishifat's videos (note that these videos are from 2016-2017 so some of it, (especially the inregular rhythm video) may be outdated) instead of finding "simple maps" to reference, it's gonna be better for your improvement in the long run. (don't wanna make it sounds like referencing map is bad, it's just not a good way to learn mapping)
i don't think watching pishi's videos gotta work for very newbee mappers, his videos is quite complex to me, getting some basic of mapping first (e.g. understanding some word like flow, spacing, rhythm choice,...; etc...) will be more ideal before start watching his video. tho copying someone's map style will still be great way to learn mapping, since their style is well polished and what to do is just copying the pattern logic, rhythm choice, etc...and you'll be good
[[[[[[

Zawajiro wrote:

dPeace wrote:

ThangProVip wrote:

dPeace wrote:

based song choice

i don't think watching pishi's videos gotta work for very newbee mappers, his videos is quite complex to me, getting some basic of mapping first (e.g. understanding some word like flow, spacing, rhythm choice,...; etc...) will be more ideal before start watching his video. tho copying someone's map style will still be great way to learn mapping, since their style is well polished and what to do is just copying the pattern logic, rhythm choice, etc...and you'll be good
The playlist i linked are the mapping tutorials that pishi made that i found to be really useful when i first started mapping so i thought it could be useful for op

tho i was also watching -mo-'s mapping tutorial at the time too so idk op may find them easier to follow
lewski
idk about that, the pishi+mo binge kinda fucked me up back then, had to spend ages learning to map with a brain and unlearning all the weird misconceptions I got from them

would highly recommend engaging with the community and getting actual feedback instead
Mickeblocks
Excuse me, do you know how I can update my map? and I also want to add a new difficulty but how do I get it to be put together with the same map that I am making?
[[[[[[

Mickeblocks wrote:

Excuse me, do you know how I can update my map? and I also want to add a new difficulty but how do I get it to be put together with the same map that I am making?
just do the steps to submit the map normally, the submit button will turn into the update button