forum

What about damage?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zoter
Don't know if this has ever been talked about but what is the general opinion on notes that don't contribute to your score or do but with extra effects? (healing notes, damage notes, minus score notes, poison notes, SV changing note, etc.)

Is there a complete answer to this topic from anyone in the osu!dev team and what is their opinion?
Lights
The concept of mines is a thing in SM but not present in osu!mania (hitting them is penalized via scoring and health). SV changing notes is sort of nonsensical when you consider how SVs work. Timing points exist independently of the notes themselves and having scroll speed change on reaction to hitting a note rather than being done at a specific time is kinda... bad. All notes are "healing" notes if you hit them.
midgy
mines suck pls no mines why would there be notes you shouldn't hit that like sheet music writing what notes you shouldn't play on a chord
Gamesnake7

midgy wrote:

mines suck pls no mines why would there be notes you shouldn't hit that like sheet music writing what notes you shouldn't play on a chord
Also it doesn't matter at higher SR since the maps would be filled of notes anyway

Edit: it matters more because of the lesser space, imagine casually getting a skillboost in a dense JS and you suddenly hit a mine
Entropy21
EMOTIONAL DAMAGE

;-;
im sorry...
midgy

Gamesnake7 wrote:

midgy wrote:

Also it doesn't matter at higher SR since the maps would be filled of notes anyway
it matters even more then! have you seen mines in a dense handstream file?? it's not fun
Gamesnake7

midgy wrote:

Gamesnake7 wrote:

midgy wrote:

it matters even more then! have you seen mines in a dense handstream file?? it's not fun
Haven't gone to the point I can clear HS files easily but I can see the pain of casually hitting notes and *boom*

"Acc drop lol cry about it" said the game
midgy
Gamesnake7
I'm still 15 MSD and omg it looks so painful to play
midgy
msd doesn't take mines into account at all that's why, it's a 16.89 with or without mines honestly harder than most 23's i've played
Spin__

Gamesnake7 wrote:

midgy wrote:

lol imagine a 6 star JS map having every other space be a mine
would be quite funny