forum

How do I get better at one-handed trills in osu!mania 4k?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
- sleepy chii -
Hi,this is my first time posting in this forum and as the title says I need some help with one-handed trills mostly cause my index and middle finger struggle doing that and I end up over tapping or under-tapping and It's really uncomfy doing that.I seriously need some tips because I don't want to find myself stuck at this
midgy
play slower one hand trills to build up speed not faster ones ("overtraining" one hand trills will hinder you more than help), most of one hand trilling is about refining your technique rather than tapping faster, try to make sure you're not bottoming out the keys and only pushing to the actuation point, also try to rotate your wrists as you do the motion.
i'd recommend checking out osu!standard streaming guides and tips since they focus much more on the one hand trill aspect compared to 4k being more varied
Topic Starter
- sleepy chii -
Well,I remember checking thousands of std streaming guides back when I played that gamemode but still really didn't help me that much.Atleast you made me notice that I've been playing faster one-hand trills instead of the slower ones which I didn't really care until at this point.I don't have any slow practice so could you link me some if you don't mind?
Thanks!^^
midgy
most of the time for 4k you see split trills instead of just one hand trilling but here's are some good split trill practice maps:
beatmapsets/1595581
beatmapsets/557366

and also speed files like this one: beatmapsets/786343 are actually really good for training one hand trilling too since you actually use a lot of the same motions
Hoshimegu Mio
Just manip.
Entropy21
try to hit them like you're hitting a stream, press them lightly
also if its too fast for you, halftime mod is your bestfriend
and just like the neko said, you can manip it at the cost of accuracy
wwowie
bruteforce it