forum

How do you get out of a mindblock?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bananahira
the title says it all, i ca'nt past minblock on my own mapset beatmapsets/1701730, i've played incredibly awkward patterns than it, and i still have a huge minblock.

yes, i take breaks, yes i play more

i looked on google and other sites and there´s no tips online on how to overcome this kind of frustration
DeltaNami
Best way to get rid of mindblock is to prevent it. Just don't play the same maps too much, and don't play patterns you can't read.

Mindblock happens because you play a map/pattern a certain way, and your mind automatically defaults to playing it that way. You can only get rid of that if you can consciously change that habit or if you can stop playing it for long enough that you forget that wrong playstyle.
Haengsyo
If you already developed mindblock, its too late. Just don't play the map for a loooong time and come back to it. Or, you can create slowed rates of the map and work your way up, or you can remove 1 or 2 notes and play it to retrain your muscle memory. None of these are guaranteed by the way.

Other than that, you can only prevent mindblock before it starts like Delta said. Don't play a map too much, and after 2-3 tries just move on.
RiceCooker64
Try doing the following

1: Use mirror mod
2: Prevent playing the same map over and over again
3: Play the map on a different rate (usually downrate) to get comfortable with the map again

If all that doesn't work simply take a break from the map.
spaghetti demon
Honestly, you might be dehydrated.