forum

Need help with timing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RainyDays
Hello,
So I've been slowly working on the timing of this song for the past few months
It really was a shot in the dark for me specially considering its my first time ever timing something as hard as that
but I kept trying anyway
since I only wanted to map the solo and the ending of the song, I didnt even time the rest of it
so far I timed about half of the section I wanna map
and I would like to have some feedback on it
to know if I'm timing it right or what do I need to change on it
any help is appreciated
WitherMite
I think you need to time it a bit more accurately then that tbh, even in the two beat intervals that you are timing, the metronome still goes off by quite a bit in places.

Usually the way people time human error and variable bpm like this is by finding offset for a song, lining up the next beat or two with bpm, listening for it to go out of sync, then snapping a red line to the last in time sound, finding a bpm that lines up the next beat, and repeating. in case you didn't already know, if you hold ctrl while the metronome is going you can hear subdivisions (if beat divisor is 1/4 you'll hear another click every 1/2 tick, if 1/3 or 1/6 you'll hear every 1/3). just don't go too overboard and have a line every 1/2 or something, keep in mind how you'd map it while you time it, sliders don't like going over bpm changes. having it too accurate can make it a pain to acc too

doing it this way helps keep from having those un-used white ticks in front of every new red line, which makes mapping easier and keeps the main menu pulsing and NC mod from behaving strangely. also, make sure to use 50% playback, not 25% it's not as accurate
Topic Starter
RainyDays

WitherMite wrote:

I think you need to time it a bit more accurately then that tbh, even in the two beat intervals that you are timing, the metronome still goes off by quite a bit in places.

Usually the way people time human error and variable bpm like this is by finding offset for a song, lining up the next beat or two with bpm, listening for it to go out of sync, then snapping a red line to the last in time sound, finding a bpm that lines up the next beat, and repeating. in case you didn't already know, if you hold ctrl while the metronome is going you can hear subdivisions (if beat divisor is 1/4 you'll hear another click every 1/2 tick, if 1/3 or 1/6 you'll hear every 1/3). just don't go too overboard and have a line every 1/2 or something, keep in mind how you'd map it while you time it, sliders don't like going over bpm changes. having it too accurate can make it a pain to acc too

doing it this way helps keep from having those un-used white ticks in front of every new red line, which makes mapping easier and keeps the main menu pulsing and NC mod from behaving strangely. also, make sure to use 50% playback, not 25% it's not as accurate
Thanks a lot for all the info, will help me a lot
Honestly didnt even know that 25% wasnt accurate for timing hahaha
I just tested it on the first few bursts at the start and gosh it works like a charm