forum

Questions About Specific Song Title Naming

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RioAl
Recently i mapped this
My concern is about the vocalist. The original song title based on the remywiki is here. But the long version (which i'm currently mapped) has different vocalist than the original game version.

So my question is : Which one should i do? Keep retain the original vocalist or using the actual long version vocalist on title's metadata listing.

I hadn't encounter this problem before because usually songs that had long version still used the same vocal as the original.

Thank you
too
The song(long and short) has ranked version before, you can follow up RC "If the same song exists in the Ranked or Loved sections already, the metadata should be followed unless it breaks other rules in the ranking criteria or the official sources state something completely different."
see e.g. beatmapsets/983342#fruits/2057725 https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1346316#osu/2788418 beatmapsets/483914#taiko/1032383

Also can apply "When a song is covered or remixed and has metadata varying from the original song, use common sense to determine whether the variation was a mistake or an intentional artist choice." from RC too.

so you must use metadata from beatmapsets/983342#fruits/2057725
Topic Starter
RioAl
Ah so my choice right now is right. That was my fault because i didn't check the other gamemode first.

Thank you again for replying