forum

Beatmap Upload Error

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
beaver
So i just uploaded a new beatmap, but the bg image banner, song preview, and data aren't showing up.
Any ideas why?

EDIT: I got the map to upload properly, but I'm not sure the exact reason. I've had this issue in the past so I want to confirmation about my logic.

After I deleted the beatmap and re-opened via the .osz file from the website. The map appeared as only audio.osu. From there I edited the map's data from the audio.osu file to match what I previously had. From there the map somehow auto updated to a similar version of the map. Also, when I exported the map originally it was 2.55mb and now it's 5.80mb. Something must of changed in the files but I'm not sure. My best guess is that the audio filled bugged out, but that's mere speculation.
McEndu
It is normal to have no song preview and data at start, as song preview needs to be encoded at server side, and data, which is play data, is not available until someone has played.

Beatmap background needs to be in the same directory (folder) as the beatmap for it to show up on the website and on every subsequent download. To use a pic as beatmap background, open song folder and move the pic into the song folder; afterwards, go to the design section to set the background.
[[[[[[
the bg is gone could also be because the file has unicode character