forum

Is this rankable?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
poilikijuhi
I have been experimenting with how to make maps and i figured pretty well how it works!

soo now i wanna make a ranked map! and i think i found the perfect song for that!

https://youtu.be/QoPLxL5M-90

Is it rankable tho? like I remenber a map needs to follow certain rules! and i think i will need to work on many difficulties for this to be ranked! but idk how many are required!

I already started working on the map!
Zelzatter Zero

The song is 30 sec so it's fine.

Listening to the song, however, I don't think I can rank it if it were me.
Personally I'd skip the intro, but doing that will result in drain time being way lower than 30 seconds, so unrankable.

Nevertheless, you can map the intro if you want to.
Topic Starter
poilikijuhi

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Personally I'd skip the intro, but doing that will result in drain time being way lower than 30 seconds, so unrankable.

Maybe I can edit it to be longer? like 45 seconds or something?
Chiru-kun

poilikijuhi wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

I can't name which map and when, but I think something like this has happened before in the ranked section. The map went through a bit of controversy, but in the end it was ranked.

Was it, uhhhh, Sotarks' Freedom Dive (original+R3 music box)? I think there was one more with concern to PP also... forgot which one.

Anyway, back to the main concern: yeah, that's totally viable. As long as
1. it doesnt sound like a low effort remix with obvious sound issues
2. you can handle criticism (as the concern has been criticized in the past with the example I mentioned)
3. the mapset *looks* *forgivable*
[[[[[[

renzthegreat wrote:

poilikijuhi wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

I can't name which map and when, but I think something like this has happened before in the ranked section. The map went through a bit of controversy, but in the end it was ranked.

Was it, uhhhh, Sotarks' Freedom Dive (original+R3 music box)? I think there was one more with concern to PP also... forgot which one.

Anyway, back to the main concern: yeah, that's totally viable. As long as
1. it doesnt sound like a low effort remix with obvious sound issues
2. you can handle criticism (as the concern has been criticized in the past with the example I mentioned)
3. the mapset *looks* *forgivable*
you can only extend the song if the map is less than 30 sec long now tho
lewski
false, you can always extend the song if you want to, spread thresholds other than the 30s one just use the original length

as for extension drama, the only one that had anything to do with the 30s threshold was myxo's ash like snow. r3 music box controversy isn't really related to this case at all