forum

If I was to make a PC clone of Meteos...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
gaph2000
So I've been thinking lately... I've been wanting to make a PC clone of some incredibly popular game that is on another system, and it finally occured to me - Meteos! But If I do end up making it...

1. Should it be in the style of the DS version or the XBLA version?
2. Should it be Online?
3. Should you be able to make custom planets and upload them (Similar to Beatmaps)?
4. Would anybody actually PLAY it, or am I just rambling on here for no reason?
5. What should I call it? I was thinking somewhere along the line of "Metrios", but that might be too cheesy.

Also, I am aware of Meteos Onlne in Japan, but that was discontinued (or something...)
Loginer

gaph2000 wrote:

So I've been thinking lately...
... :D ...

gaph2000 wrote:

I've been wanting to make a PC clone of some incredibly popular game that is on another system...
<_______<

Anyway, online multiplayer is a must if you want people to play it.
Topic Starter
gaph2000

gaph2000 wrote:

I've been wanting to make a PC clone of some incredibly popular game that is on another system...
<_______<
What's that supposed to mean?
Atmey
I'm not that big fan of meteos. Asking in gamefaqs might give better responses.
lukewarmholiday

Atmey wrote:

How dare you, I loved that game.
K2J
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
lukewarmholiday
Wait...

HOW COULD YOU PLAY METEOS ON ANYTHING OTHER THAN A TOUCHSCREEN/PC

Topic Starter
gaph2000

K2J wrote:

Damn, I just had this idea, too. I don't know what the differences are between the DS and XBLA versions, but I'd definitely like to see the ability to skin planets.
Differences between the two are something like;

- Instead of seeing a colorful background on the bottom, and planet on top, the planet is in the background. (Being so there IS only one screen)
-The planet is 3D, and speeding up the falling of Meteos causes the planet in the background to spin (Which is pretty sick to watch)
-Opponent is shown beside you.
-New planets/sounds/graphics (gravity stays the same)

And by skinning plantes, I also mean creating your own character, sounds, 3D planet (If you have the skillz) and gravity.

Oh, and lukewarmholiday, if you're talking about the XBLA version, you control the cursor with the left stick, move the meteos with the right stick, use the triggers to speed up, and press Y to fire this new attack kind of thing called "Planet Impact"

So should it be with the colorful background, etc, or with the spinning 3D planets? If I can figure it out, I might eventually do both, but I need a starting point.
Atmey

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Atmey wrote:

I agree, I bought it, and it was addictive. But it has no depth, you play it for few days then move on.
And btw, I passed you in ranking too :)
lukewarmholiday

Atmey wrote:

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Atmey wrote:

I agree, I bought it, and it was addictive. But it has no depth, you play it for few days then move on.
And btw, I passed you in ranking too :)
And my overall score has gone up by like 4 mil in the last month, woo
adam2046
I'd like to see a screen of what you have achieved.

Download: UTAU - Nyanyanyanyanyanyanya! (theowest) [Taiko Collab].osu
Olinad
I'd prefer the DS version, it looks better from your description (I only played the DS one)