forum

need some guidance

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peappi
been mapping for a while, had a firm grasp on what i was doing. sent map for other ppl's opinion, they hated it. no explanation, just sucks. have no idea on what i was doing wrong and some help would be nice.

some of my maps if you need it for referencing or smthng

beatmapsets/1676747
https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1663745
beatmapsets/1663745
https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1607922
beatmapsets/1635879
lewski
it's probably cause the maps are super over the top and the intense parts are all just same spacing same angle jumps and spaced streams

out of the maps you linked double rainbow was the most interesting but it still has the above thing

basically get more interesting ideas (study lots of different maps) or just show your maps to people who don't care about that

mapping stuff that's playable for more than a single-digit number of players can help too, that way you don't have to rely on corner to corner jumps for contrast, it's why double rainbow was better than the others
Topic Starter
peappi

lewski wrote:

it's probably cause the maps are super over the top and the intense parts are all just same spacing same angle jumps and spaced streams

out of the maps you linked double rainbow was the most interesting but it still has the above thing

basically get more interesting ideas (study lots of different maps) or just show your maps to people who don't care about that

mapping stuff that's playable for more than a single-digit number of players can help too, that way you don't have to rely on corner to corner jumps for contrast, it's why double rainbow was better than the others
didn't rem also did like those 8*+s? how come his maps are still more received then mine?
Sophie Twilight
Not gonna lie, the New Game! background map looks well-refined actually
lewski

Taeppi wrote:

didn't rem also did like those 8*+s? how come his maps are still more received then mine?
im not a fan of them either but they seem at least somewhat humanly playable unlike stuff like 01:32:867 in dixaster
01:34:067 and 02:17:267 also seem to require insane precision, r3m's fin4le and vvelcome have similar patterns but they're way more lenient

in any case, you can have a taste of hard map mapper fame too if you get a top player to play one of your maps on stream as long as they like it

fame jokes aside, though, approaching top players (and mappers who map really hard maps like r3m) really is what you should be doing, they're the main audience for these maps so they'll know what's reasonable and what isn't far better than random people on the forums