forum

My osu!mania debut

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
octovore_shobon
So yeah, i'm starting to play osu!mania.

I haven't touched the game in 3 months or so, until i randomly come back to it (somehow), and decided to play mania instead of std, a game mode i almost never played. Immediately fell in love with it. So i decided to give up on std and start playing mania instead.
I can only do 2* maximum right now, i'm (almost) a complete beginner. Does any more experienced players have any tip when it comes to debuting? (aside from the famous "play more" already considering that one ofc)

I hope i have fun in my new osu!mania journey :3
Rikuka
adjust scroll speed , don't use bpm scale , use fixed scale

find a good skin with you prefer

adjust scroll speed into priority
reading notes > accuracy

just checking the hiterror if you already good best speed , so you can adjust the hitposition of the skin.

don't play many autoconverted maps , trust me autoconvert maps is harder than specific maps
play 4-9K for muscle memorization , or if you wanna use the whole hands , play 10K

goodluck and i hope you can enjoy this cursed mode which kinda abandoned , cause dunno when sr mania revamp again , since star rating on mania is pretty balanced

last and the least

don't ask about mania pp beatmaps is
trust me , u better don't know what is pp beatmaps cause you can improved / got experienced with playing various amount of charts

:)

hope this helps
Hoshimegu Mio
OMG it's you!

I politely request your blood and your soul.
Topic Starter
octovore_shobon

Rikuka wrote:

adjust scroll speed , don't use bpm scale , use fixed scale

find a good skin with you prefer

adjust scroll speed into priority
reading notes > accuracy

just checking the hiterror if you already good best speed , so you can adjust the hitposition of the skin.

don't play many autoconverted maps , trust me autoconvert maps is harder than specific maps
play 4-9K for muscle memorization , or if you wanna use the whole hands , play 10K

goodluck and i hope you can enjoy this cursed mode which kinda abandoned , cause dunno when sr mania revamp again , since star rating on mania is pretty balanced

last and the least

don't ask about mania pp beatmaps is
trust me , u better don't know what is pp beatmaps cause you can improved / got experienced with playing various amount of charts

:)

hope this helps
I already did all of these already, my fixed speed is 18 and i correctly use the stepmania ultralight skin, but might remix it to my personal taste

My main priority is to learn to read notes probably rn
luxrayy
good luck
Haengsyo
Enjoy game

And ofc play more xD