forum

I don't know if I'm improving

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PinguimDeRitimo
Look, I really don't like the fact that I'm making posts asking for help on a short time, but I really want to know if I'm improving, because I just don't know if I am. I'm stuck at 3 stars for a long time, I'm trying to play all key modes, and of them I'm at low 3 star (except 4k, and no, I don't play only 4k) and because I'm here for a long time, I decided to make this post. Recently I make a post that was I saying that was too hard to play after changing the skin, until I note that I not passing the beatmaps was only me being disapointed to myself because of it. When I noticed it I was motivated to play the game again and even passed some maps. I'm trying some maps of a bit higher difficulty to see If I can pass from it, and I go far on those beatmaps sometimes until I fail.

Theres some questions that I want to make to see if maybe help me improving

I'm playing everyday, not everytime because I play other games and gamemodes too. Do you think playing everyday is good?

Sometimes is a bit hard to press space, I think is a bit unconfortable, but I also think space is the best option since others look much more unconfortable. This will change with the time, or do you think that I MUST change it?

On 10k, my coordination is not the same, since I play 2 stars on it (because started too late). I just need to play to improve it or I need to do something?

Hitting the beat is not my best thing. Many times I do 50,100 and 200, but most of the notes are 300 and the rainbow 300 is not too far from the quantity of 300 that I get on a map. I searched before doing this question here and the people just say to practice, but how you do it? I don't think resetting until I hit rainbow 300 on some part of the music is a good practice, and hardrock is also some thing that I don't know if it works, since it looks that I hit the beat but some times, even thinking I hit it on the right time, I make 200 and not 300/rainbow300. Also I don't know the right rhythm for all the notes, so this make everything worse

On all gamemodes, everytime I'm playing a map again I reset if I didn't got a higger combo (or just being so much worse). Everyone does this too or is it just me? Does this is a good thing for me or I'm not improving by doing this? (I don't mind with fc because I know I'm not so good)

I think this is the main questions, if I remember something I edit and hope that someone answers it (hoping for all questions, actually).
SOOO
I'm not going to read your post because you have 2 days of playtime. Ask for help if you're still bad after another 500 hours.
Rikuka

PinguimDeRitimo wrote:

Look, I really don't like the fact that I'm making posts asking for help on a short time, but I really want to know if I'm improving, because I just don't know if I am. I'm stuck at 3 stars for a long time, I'm trying to play all key modes, and of them I'm at low 3 star (except 4k, and no, I don't play only 4k) and because I'm here for a long time, I decided to make this post. Recently I make a post that was I saying that was too hard to play after changing the skin, until I note that I not passing the beatmaps was only me being disapointed to myself because of it. When I noticed it I was motivated to play the game again and even passed some maps. I'm trying some maps of a bit higher difficulty to see If I can pass from it, and I go far on those beatmaps sometimes until I fail.

I'm playing everyday, not everytime because I play other games and gamemodes too. Do you think playing everyday is good?

Sometimes is a bit hard to press space, I think is a bit unconfortable, but I also think space is the best option since others look much more unconfortable. This will change with the time, or do you think that I MUST change it?

On 10k, my coordination is not the same, since I play 2 stars on it (because started too late). I just need to play to improve it or I need to do something?

Hitting the beat is not my best thing. Many times I do 50,100 and 200, but most of the notes are 300 and the rainbow 300 is not too far from the quantity of 300 that I get on a map. I searched before doing this question here and the people just say to practice, but how you do it? I don't think resetting until I hit rainbow 300 on some part of the music is a good practice, and hardrock is also some thing that I don't know if it works, since it looks that I hit the beat but some times, even thinking I hit it on the right time, I make 200 and not 300/rainbow300. Also I don't know the right rhythm for all the notes, so this make everything worse

On all gamemodes, everytime I'm playing a map again I reset if I didn't got a higger combo (or just being so much worse). Everyone does this too or is it just me? Does this is a good thing for me or I'm not improving by doing this? (I don't mind with fc because I know I'm not so good)

I think this is the main questions, if I remember something I edit and hope that someone answers it (hoping for all questions, actually).

do you use speed correctly? i mean not bpm scale , right?
maybe u should change skins , maybe

trust me , both of this is the problem for starters when it comes to mania tbh
Braindeaddev
My information is limited on 7k as I can only play mid 2 stars for it, but I have plenty of experience with 4k.

Question 1 -
It really depends on the person. The biggest factor is your enjoyment. Really just play the game whenever you get the urge. Make sure to take breaks during your sessions but really just play whenever you want. You don't need a schedule or to dedicate to playing everyday. You will only improve if you want to play the game, so play whenever you feel like it.

Question 2 -
I agree that it can be uncomfortable at first so experiment with whichever bind feels best for you. However, no matter what you bind it to you will need to give it time for it to get comfortable. I do recommend sticking with space though.

Question 3 -
From what I can tell, you just need to play more to improve it. Going from 4k to 7k for me was definitely like what you are feeling with 10k. Give it time, I'm sure you'll catch up!

Question 4 -
Accuracy is difficult. You are quite early in the game to be worrying about this. I would say to start worrying about it once you are in the 4 star and up range, and with practice, it'll come. If you want to improve accuracy though, I would recommend playing with Hard Rock. It makes the accuracy window smaller so it's great practice. Like I said though, I wouldn't recommend focusing on accuracy right now.

Question 5 -
Don't worry about that. Play songs until the end unless you are fully unable to read the notes and feel like you're just spamming. I used to have this habit and it is crazy how much more I improved once I stopped it. Sometimes, you just feel rusty or you just aren't playing as well as you were other days so don't worry about doing worse than previously.

TL;DR
Play whenever you want, don't worry about accuracy, play songs until the end, and have fun. Hope this helped.
Topic Starter
PinguimDeRitimo

SOOO wrote:

I'm not going to read your post because you have 2 days of playtime. Ask for help if you're still bad after another 500 hours.
I didn't even know about that lol, but if you think that I'm bad because I don't have so much hours playing then I think I can trust on you. I started playing mania at 6 months, and like I said I didn't play everytime, I think I rarely play 1 hour because the options of beatmaps are lower (no, I don't know how to take beatmaps quicker), because I'm bored or because I fail so much and lost the will to play. Also I would like if you read it because I have some questions but if you don't want then you don't need to
Pink_Zetsu

PinguimDeRitimo wrote:

If you feel like you're not improving, its all in your head
you can feel like you are playing worse some days but that's fine it happens, just don't try too hard or you'll develop bad habits.

The best advise is to play at your own pace and gradually step up your difficulty then improve your score in easier diffs

you can change your settings to fit your comfort thereafter.
Changing your mania keybinds might give you skillboost.
If you feel like you are playing worse, give yourself some rest and come back (don't be discouraged if you are playing rusty after not playing for some time)

And lastly don't compare yourself to other people after all, osu! is about self improvement it's good to have competition but that's just that.
Topic Starter
PinguimDeRitimo

Rikuka wrote:

do you use speed correctly? i mean not bpm scale , right?
maybe u should change skins , maybe

trust me , both of this is the problem for starters when it comes to mania tbh
I play with 28 speed, and I don't think my problem is the skin, I like this one that I use and will be harder to find a skin that I like again

Pink_Zetsu wrote:

PinguimDeRitimo wrote:

If you feel like you're not improving, its all in your head
you can feel like you are playing worse some days but that's fine it happens, just don't try too hard or you'll develop bad habits.

The best advise is to play at your own pace and gradually step up your difficulty then improve your score in easier diffs

you can change your settings to fit your comfort thereafter.
Changing your mania keybinds might give you skillboost.
If you feel like you are playing worse, give yourself some rest and come back (don't be discouraged if you are playing rusty after not playing for some time)

And lastly don't compare yourself to other people after all, osu! is about self improvement it's good to have competition but that's just that.

Braindeaddev wrote:

My information is limited on 7k as I can only play mid 2 stars for it, but I have plenty of experience with 4k.

Question 1 -
It really depends on the person. The biggest factor is your enjoyment. Really just play the game whenever you get the urge. Make sure to take breaks during your sessions but really just play whenever you want. You don't need a schedule or to dedicate to playing everyday. You will only improve if you want to play the game, so play whenever you feel like it.

Question 2 -
I agree that it can be uncomfortable at first so experiment with whichever bind feels best for you. However, no matter what you bind it to you will need to give it time for it to get comfortable. I do recommend sticking with space though.

Question 3 -
From what I can tell, you just need to play more to improve it. Going from 4k to 7k for me was definitely like what you are feeling with 10k. Give it time, I'm sure you'll catch up!

Question 4 -
Accuracy is difficult. You are quite early in the game to be worrying about this. I would say to start worrying about it once you are in the 4 star and up range, and with practice, it'll come. If you want to improve accuracy though, I would recommend playing with Hard Rock. It makes the accuracy window smaller so it's great practice. Like I said though, I wouldn't recommend focusing on accuracy right now.

Question 5 -
Don't worry about that. Play songs until the end unless you are fully unable to read the notes and feel like you're just spamming. I used to have this habit and it is crazy how much more I improved once I stopped it. Sometimes, you just feel rusty or you just aren't playing as well as you were other days so don't worry about doing worse than previously.

TL;DR
Play whenever you want, don't worry about accuracy, play songs until the end, and have fun. Hope this helped.
Thanks for your answers, I'll try to play more and download beatmaps more frenquently, the practice is just the hardest part because I don't know how to do it, but I'll try to just play more then.