forum

what is the best skin to map with?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kantu
I'm searching for a skin that has hit sounds that aren't annoying to work with and circles that have distinct colors for each new combo. This would make mapping for me much more easier and over all better! :)

(Ps plz don't suggest a skin with transparent circles like Yugen and Clearblack)
WitherMite
a lot of people just map with the default skin.

I use the custom mixed skin I play with though, default is too overwhelmingly bright and I like having lines for follow points. but in terms of hitsounds, just use the default skin's - its better that way, as you know what it will sound like for players by default, and you can always add custom hitsounds to a map anyway.
Topic Starter
kantu
Thanks! I forgot the default skin was a thing XD
i am very gay
if you dont want annoying hitsounds, you can always turn the volume down in the timing point menu
WitherMite

i am very gay wrote:

if you dont want annoying hitsounds, you can always turn the volume down in the timing point menu
I usually do 50% with soft sampleset at first, and change to match the song as I hitsound.
Zelzatter Zero

i am very gay wrote:

Use the one in Options instead if you wanna adjust hitsound volume as a whole.

Timing point menu should be used to represent the song, thus make it pointless to do this purely to just make the hitsounds less annoying.

Do note that 100% on everything is also not good tho, 50% avg is enough.