forum

Stepmania

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Revy-
Who else played Stepmania Before leavin it's Community and joining osu! ?
kirueggy
I'm pretty sure stepmania is nowhere near dead, so there must be some people on here that play both osu and stepmania :P

As for me, the only thing that's close to stepmania for me is DDR (even though it's literally the exact same game)
Navizel
Pretty sure there's already an old stepmania thread

anyway, I still play stepmania sometimes
Jing Yuan
I haven't played stepmania before, but I want to.
gervin51
You do know that DDR is Stepmania right? Stepmania just copied the idea of DDR because people are forgetting the DDR. So Stepmania was there to revive the DDR genre. :D
kirueggy
But stepmania is better :P
Gifu
I started playing stepmania two weeks ago. At the moment i can get score A from difficulty levels of 6. My goal is that in the end of the summer i can A 8's. I use soft impact-mat to play and its just fine for a beginner.
http://www.stepmania.com/forums/songs/show/251 You can get good stepfile packs from here :)
Sethlied
stepmania is stupid and you're stupid for liking it.

peppy is god
peppy is love
peppy is life
peppy is happiness
kill all infidels
kirueggy
^
ladies and gentlemen a shitposter

anyways speaking of DDR/stepmania/who cares I almost broke my local arcade's machine earlier today
Xiaolin
Do you even play StepMania with the PC arrow or an arcade machine or whatever it is ~ ? I might join it lel
Gundam-Dude
If you need packs or anything else StepMania related, I have this useful thread on FFR that I keep up-to-date periodically.

leepdesu
yeah i played stepmania before coming to know osu!
Abyssjin
I checked out Stepmania a few days ago after not having played for like 2-3 years,the community is still very much alive,however slightly declining.
(There're awesome people out there gathering all possible maps and putting it on a single site for easy access,etc,though,so that's amazing)
Used to play a ton a few years back on my foam mat,very very fun but oh so tiring XD (somehow I could only ever play on a mat,never on keyboard :o )
Ty for reminding me of good times :P
DeletedUser_5328727
delete
troke
before stepmania i play Pump It Up
Karuta-_old_1
pretty sure it is nowhere dead, it was meant to be played offline anyways, there are still people making songs for keyboard / dance pads

I play it from time to time

It has a complete feel about it
rogueshadow12
I actually played osu and joined the community first.
I only recently found out and played DDR and PIU which then led me to stepmania
-Maus-
What are hard maps
Because I can AA 12's and have no idea what stepmania's rating is lol
TheRythmX

gervin51 wrote:

You do know that DDR is Stepmania right? Stepmania just copied the idea of DDR because people are forgetting the DDR. So Stepmania was there to revive the DDR genre. :D
and you know that Stepmania is 5k and DDR is 4k?
Neigdoig
I still play StepMania through it's fork, OutFox, which is actually the new StepMania.
Julian_Kaiser

Neigdoig wrote:

I still play StepMania through it's fork, OutFox, which is actually the new StepMania.
that's cap, etterna is the new stepmania, no quaver is.
Neigdoig

Julian_Kaiser wrote:

that's cap, etterna is the new stepmania, no quaver is.
As far as I'm aware, Julian, Team Rizu is still fixing the Stepmania engine to accommodate for better PC's. Also, you can play Etterna maps in OutFox, and they work just fine.