forum

client thumbnail

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Amia
i decided to change bg from the one when i upload .
surely , osu website image is changed , but client thumbnail is still old one .
i want to know any way to change this thumbnail

map beatmapsets/1542598
JustABeginner
Hi xianoll!

Firstly, open file location by right clicking the osu! icon and search it. Then, at the menu tab, click view and check the "hidden item". Next, find "Data" file and click it, then access the "bt" file. Finally, find the beatmap background that you want to remove. [Note: Be sure the filename has the letter "l" at the back.]
Topic Starter
Amia
idk did u download that map or not but ,
mapset itself has the wrong thumbnail (old one)
i mean , i want to change that thumbnail to new one
probably it will happen even if you download
lewski
The "mapset itself" doesn't have a thumbnail at all. The thumbnail you see on your map in osu! is saved locally on your computer, so only you have this problem. If someone else downloads the map for the first time, their thumbnail will be generated from the new background.

JustABeginner's instructions are correct, at least as far as I know (I've never had this issue myself).
Zelzatter Zero
JAB's guide isn't wrong, just not this time:

JustABeginner

xianoll wrote:

Not sure why that happened. But it did happened once in one of my beatmaps so I did the instructions I said earlier and it worked.
Topic Starter
Amia

lewski wrote:

The "mapset itself" doesn't have a thumbnail at all. The thumbnail you see on your map in osu! is saved locally on your computer, so only you have this problem. If someone else downloads the map for the first time, their thumbnail will be generated from the new background.

JustABeginner's instructions are correct, at least as far as I know (I've never had this issue myself).
NO

JustABeginner wrote:

xianoll wrote:

Not sure why that happened. But it did happened once in one of my beatmaps so I did the instructions I said earlier and it worked.
ya i know ,but fact is that time time is doesnt working .
BlackBN
Yeah, there is a actual way to change the thumbnail, but only for your client, not for your whole map on osu.
You may refer community/forums/topics/618745?n=1
Topic Starter
Amia
talked to BlackBN in DM ,
probably , this is not way to change this stupid . if u have some way to solution , plz teach me <3
Zelzatter Zero
If you don't try, how would you even know if the method's stupid or not?

Thumbnail are stored locally into the hidden Data folder (what you have to enable showing them, which by a simple Google Search you would have a bunch of guides already). There's no other direct way to do that rather than go there and delete it.

Stop being arrogant here please. We're trying to help you and you're outright refusing everything.
Topic Starter
Amia
huh ? y do u think havent done that already?
and, Its all about this phenomenon that is happening even you .
Zelzatter Zero

xianoll wrote:

huh ? y do u think havent done that already?
and, Its all about this phenomenon that is happening even you .
it worked tho?

Topic Starter
Amia
My intention is that the thumbnails of people who download for the first time work correctly.
its not just getting thumbnails correct
JustABeginner
Maybe they downloaded it right after you followed the instructions and update it?
Zelzatter Zero

xianoll wrote:

My intention is that the thumbnails of people who download for the first time work correctly.
its not just getting thumbnails correct
then it already worked as intended, any other people download the map afterwards will get the other thumbnail instead?
Topic Starter
Amia
i dont understand why uthink im not doing it according to the instructions.
before opening this form, Ive been looking at past forums and done tha

tbh i already get opinion from some person that i cant change it , i just upoload the map in new slot
Zelzatter Zero
Good luck then. Doing all this just for an editable thumbnail seems really wasteful for an upload slot btw.
OneShotFox

xianoll wrote:

i dont understand why uthink im not doing it according to the instructions.
before opening this form, Ive been looking at past forums and done tha

tbh i already get opinion from some person that i cant change it , i just upoload the map in new slot
You realise the instructions are for you to upload so people who download the set for the first time have the correct thumbnail… right? It won’t fix yours locally is what people are saying, only people who download the map for the first time. Since you’ve already had the map on your local drive, it still stores the dataset for the old thumbnail hence why it doesn’t change for you on redownload.

Also friendly reminder it’s 2:30/3am for you (and I) and you should sleep soon and come back tomorrow with a better attitude towards people trying to offer solutions instead of just saying no and sub quoting them on Twitter ^w^
Topic Starter
Amia
?? problem is mapset has wrong thumbnail even who download the map for the first time.
and , as I said, I already done solution you say .

i guess perhaps this person downloaded my map for the first time, but he has the wrong thumbnail, innit? https://i.imgur.com/SsX3toE.png
Zelzatter Zero
Regarding this, I will replicate the instance when you download the map for the first time, this time with the updated thumbnail.

Here is the screen with the map deleted, and the thumbnail deleted as well, exactly like when you download the map the first time:

And here is the screen after importing the map, with the sorting by date added, being at the bottom meaning you just added the map:

So the method actually worked.

Rest well.
Topic Starter
Amia
still u dont understand i mean
but its solved . when i open this forum , as i said , the map was have wrong thumbnail but now , i asked person to who definitly doesnt download my map before i changed bg but thunbnail is correct
like : https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1165419261?t=00h27m48s

The person who asked first didn't publish archive so we cant see it, but then It has the wrong thumbnail yesterday or day before yesterday
https://www.twitch.tv/sakupiko
also , can see the problem in this post that it was happening
https://i.imgur.com/5dryyfd.png

probably , idk if osu server update didnt match the map update, but it probably took some time
Assuming map still have the wrong thumbnail yesterday, it wud make sense that solution didn't help to me .
SilentWuffer
I'm not going to explain why this works, but one method (if you haven't updated your map) is to delete the client map and redownload it
Topic Starter
Amia
stop posting any gufig same as your friends please ....
the problem was wrong thumbnail even who download the map for the first time....
its just soluved right
did u read my post .....plz