forum

Progress block

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bethan11e
I've hit a brick wall in terms of actual progression. I play about 3 - 4 hours a day but as every day passes I feel myself becoming worse. Every play I feel is a new best is beaten by something I did a few weeks ago.

My reading capabilities suck, I see myself playing fast maps through patterns instead of quick single taps, leading to me very quickly mindblocking every map. My fingers struggle to keep up even on HT 5* fast maps.

I've looked at online forums but I've only seen top players trying to overcome their limits, of which I'm not nearly on their level. I started without any natural skill so I was already behind, but after seeing Npesta clear 9th Dan, I was determined to get that far. Though at the moment I can't even do 4th due to mindblocking Angel of Darkness, and 5th because Palette Gamma is too fast. 6th I can barely pass the Jack but can't read it

Have I hit my limit? Is there anyone who's been in this scenario? I've heard of the 4 - 5* wall but what can I do? I wish I could clear my head of the game and start again.
Hoshimegu Mio
Stop and rest.
DeltaNami
So for one, you're putting too much focus on dans. I'm honestly of the mindset that you shouldn't play any dans until you can clear 6th/7th.

Hitting a wall at that level is super common, so don't think you're alone in the struggle. All you can really do is take breaks, keep practicing and work on getting PBs and passes wherever you can.

As for your issue with reading, I think you should try practicing accuracy. Play some easy maps that you can 99 or SS, and just focus on tapping single notes and accurately. Work your way up to a point where you can do accuracy on moderately difficult songs and you will build your reading skill a lot. That'll translate to harder songs, and you'll be able to avoid mindlock.

Also keep in mind that this game is 70% mental. If you go into a map thinking it's too fast or hard, or anything limiting, you'll end up mindblocking yourself. Kind of like weightlifting, you have to really believe you can do it to actually get your goals.

(Sorry for the longer reply, just a lot of stuff to comment on lol)