forum

Osumania Mindblock

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bethan11e
There are certain maps that before I had a decent reading ability I tried to learn their patterns to compensate, however all that's lead to is my inability to even read them now. Angel Of Darkness, Future Dominators, We Luv Lama, Elektrick U-Phoria, and a few more specifically. I'm not sure what I should do as mirroring the maps instantly fixes everything, but I can't always play mirrored just because of this. I anticipate certain parts coming up and then my brain tries to read and do the learnt pattern at the same time, and it just ends up in me missing everything or having terrible acc.

Any tips on how to reverse this? I worry that playing until I mindblock the mirror will just lead to me being unable to play the map entirely, but it worrys me since my goal is to clear all Dans and I'm close to clearing 5th than 4th because of the AoD mindblock
DeltaNami
How tf are you playing future dominators at 5th dan lmao.

Playing with mirror is totally acceptable, but I get what you mean by not wanting to mindblock that as well. The best method that I've found is to leave the map alone for a long time and come back to it later with mirror or a different scroll speed. Once you've got the skill to do really good on that map, it's only a matter of getting those mindblocked sections out of the way.

The best method overall though is just to prevent it altogether. Mindblock happens mostly because you A: play a map way out of your skill range a lot to the point that you end up mashing patterns even when you're physically able to do it, B: You've retried the map so many times that you can't read the patterns normally anymore, and C: You instinctively mash patterns because you can't read or play them. It all comes down to bad muscle memory, so if you're able to make it feel like you're playing the map for the first time again, you should be good so long as you're at the right point to play it.
ICanNotDoSlider
Unironically turn off music. This helped me a lot despite how ridiculous it sounds. Otherwise, refer to Delta's (and few other threads in this forum. Not too hard to find.)