forum

How Did You Discover Anime?

posted
Total Posts
show more
wlax
When I was a kid, my I watched "Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea" that my mum downloaded for me. After few years I've watched "Your Name" and became anime lover. Anyways, I've stopped watched it so actively lately.
Riae
Actually i found a sticker of asuna sticked to my bike then asked my friend who is this and what is this then he explained about anime i got interested now look at me a dumb weabo.
Edit:im only saying im the one whose dumb not all weebs sorry if you got offended.
Im Nooooob
from dream
femeboyre
i started liking anime when my mom showed me "my neighbor totoro" when i was about 8 years old xd
fixgacha
A friend of mine told me to watch some so I watched the seven deadly sins and then konosuba. I liked it.
Crysisters
Found a manga book in my school library, took interest and eventually i got hooked.
MisakiSakaki
I was very young, on tv i remember some Naruto chapters (if I remember correctly it was around shunnin exams).
I didn't like it but it enganged me to Hinata and Naruto vs Pain.
DeletedUser_10883764
From this game. Friend of mine said if I play this game I would have better aim in fps games, which I got an unexpected outcome besides improvement in fps game
Thevaka
my friends were watching it
KumiDaiko
girl recommended 1 anime
yarWe
my friends always talks about anime and i can't join the convo
voids10
it just sorta happened and i got hooked and my favorite anime is prob mob psycho 100
yeetamus
My parents, both anime fans, introduced me to Bleach when I was younger, I'd say 6-7.
I've never turned back since then.
xdebbi
when i was little i watched sailor moon and doraemon on tv but i didnt actually know what anime was-- so then when i was like 10 or 11 my online best friends got me into anime again and yeahh :D
Teaser_
It was 1 year ago, I was having dinner in a restaurant and I had the idea to take out the phone and watch the first episode of Naruto, for no particular reason. I don't know why I did it but I fell in love with anime. lol
[ Green ]
social media/ my friends watched it too, i dont like it much anymore but i had a huge anime phase i would not like to talk about
Just_a_bean_
I was at the dollar store and I found a dvd of episodes 17-20 of Full Moon O Sagashite and I figured I would watch the whole series. Then I started watching more stuff
NecroFPS
i found Hxxx first before anime but the first anime i have watched when i was still a kid if i remember it was dragonball z the episode where cell is fighting everyone in a tournament or something.
Neigdoig
I tried to watch Pokemon back in the day, and it didn't work out (I still won't watch any Pokemon series).
Ren3g4ade
This is very recent, but when I’m done with Online School, i decided to watch Netflix, since i can’t play until
2 PM. There was no good shows, and im very interested in anime (because of the epic lego rhythm game, RoBeats.)

So, i decided to watch Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) and it was Friday, i usually go to my Grandparents house, since i live near them. And binged the intire day.

And i tried to play Osu! Again and started to get interested. I have a tablet at home, but i’ve only played Osu! At my grandparents house at the time. And just played it a bunch lol and installed Osu! At my home.

And here i am, being a public dissapointment.
clobow098
When I was still a little kid my aunt who was and still is SUPER into anime put on the og fruits basket and at first I was not feeling it but after watching some Pokémon, yo-kai watch (was super new at the time) and what ever else showed up on tv I got into it.

After 100's of hours of anime and the discovery of Oteme games I now never leave my house :D, good investment.