forum

Is This Worth Mapping? (For Ranked)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KGlloom
So I'm currently timing this song to map it. It's "The Hol[ ]y Tape" by The Fall of Troy. (link here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2q7GCoPmiQ ) But 1: they're a mathrock band, and 2: they aren't playing with a metronome. So even if they're playing a part of the song in 6/4 around ~200bpm, they sometimes speed up or slow down a little at the downbeat of the next measure even though it's obvious to the listener that the given section is trying to be played at that specific tempo, unchanging. I'm just wondering if I should even map this in the first place because of this, and if players would find the compensation for the slight in/decrease in tempo difficult or uncomfortable, and be rejected of being ranked altogether. Thoughts?
Zelzatter Zero
Yes people barely map such songs because of the janky timing, but that doesn't mean you it's unrankable. Maps like this and this already proved that maps with complex timing can be ranked if you put enough effort.
Topic Starter
KGlloom

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Yes people barely map such songs because of the janky timing, but that doesn't mean you it's unrankable. Maps like this and this already proved that maps with complex timing can be ranked if you put enough effort.
Oh that's great! I guess the next step is figuring out if I want any GD's to help me with the spread