forum

Fairly new to beat mapping, how do I know when to map certain notes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MyQueenGura
When mapping things like bass or hihats in drum and bass songs or vocals, or instrumentals how do you know what to map? I've seen some lower star maps tend to focus more on the vocals and higher stars seem to focus more on the instrumentals. But I've also seen I think some 4* and 5* maps tend to focus on both, but if the vocals have a better structure of the rhythm I usually see the vocals mapped instead of the instruments.

I think a good example of this would be Dear You By DJ Genereicname? the 4* difficulty tends to mainly focus on the drum and bass but there's a couple jumps that focus on the vocals. Is this to have a difficulty spike in the song to make it a 4*?

I'm trying to learn how to make a 2 - 3* map and I don't want to get overly complicated, but I really want to get passionate about mapping and start getting into my own stuff.

I also wanted to ask, with sliders. How do you know when to place them as well? They seem really freaking annoying to work with the most. Especially the slider velocity and trying to figure them out.