forum

So what does it mean for a map to go to the graveyard?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sabiki
I've been reading about graveyard and it seems like graveyard maps are neglected maps that haven't been updated in 28 days, what is functionally a month without the creator doing anything to them.

But, I have this map, a map around Horang Suwolga maped by A BCDe, which is absolutely amazing and beautiful, and it's complete, fully so, it looks like it's perfectly timed, etc. But it's in the graveyard.

What does it mean for a map to be in the graveyard? Is it something bad?

Also I'm heavily concerned about that 28 days period without updating... what is that? If a map is complete, how would you update it? Is it then that a ranked map is immune to the graveyard or ranked mappers have to keep every single one of their ranked maps updated, anyhowever, to keep them from entering the graveyard?

I guess what I'm asking is basically what are the graveyard mechanics; is it just a category, or does it carry some kind of punishment, what does it mean to update a map, and the relationship between the graveyard and the ranked.

Thank you in advance.
Zelzatter Zero
The definition of graveyard maps is just like what you said, maps without update from the creator for at least 28 days.

That also mean whether a map is in graveyard or not is entirely up to the creators. No matter the maps quality, if the mapper doesn't feel like they should push the map further then it's no harm leaving it to graveyard.

To update the map, you can just simply repeat the same process like how you upload a map, this time it will update the existing maps instead.

Updating the map doesn't make a map ranked, it just replace the old one with the new one with altered bits that you did through several methods, like modding or yourself.

Graveyard is just a category. Ranked is also just another category. They aren't related to each other. There isn't any punishment for not pushing maps to ranked (if there is people wouldn't advise things like "don't rank your first map").
WitherMite
it just means it drops out of the wip/pending categories and doesnt count toward your max allowed uploads anymore. there arent any downsides to a map being graved. You can also only delete a map after it goes to graveyard.

If you upload the map again in the editor (aka update it), whether or not you actually change anything it gets moved out of graveyard.

ranked and loved never go to graveyard. Graveyard maps cant be hyped or nominated so you have to update the map and move it to pending to rank it, I think hypes from when the map was last pending/wip stay though. Also pretty sure this doesnt matter for loved, could be wrong though.