forum

Hype for Beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nyugah
Yo guys,

so im currently working on my beatmap here: beatmapsets/303486#osu/680668. Since its my first map, im really not sure how I am supposed to gather "hype!" for my map. Am I supposed to open a thread or try it in multiplayer online with different people to get hype? I hope you can help me out. Im somehow not able to find anything on this.
Zelzatter Zero
yeah multiplayer is one thing.

Another one would be Modding Queues subforum but you also have to get ready for criticism since that's the main point of its existence. Makes sure to read the rules in both the sub and each thread before posting tho.
DeletedUser_13957006
you can also ask some of your friends to hype the map.

also, are you trying to push this for ranked? hypes don't do much other than "help" a map get into ranked so i'm just wondering
TheKingHenry

Aiq wrote:

also, are you trying to push this for ranked? hypes don't do much other than "help" a map get into ranked so i'm just wondering
yeah was thinking this same, you only do anything with hypes if you're going for ranked

and when going for ranked, my personal philosophy with hypes is typically that if the map is of rankable quality and all that jazz, it will pretty much get the hypes on its own during the modding and pushing process, meaning no matter the case, asking for hypes is basically unnecessary
Topic Starter
Nyugah

Aiq wrote:

you can also ask some of your friends to hype the map.

Yeah I'm trying to get it ranked. I had the impression, that in order to get it to ranked it needs hype first, before it can even be qualified. Maybe im wrong.
Zelzatter Zero
You're not wrong, it's just that the process to get a map ranked isn't that simple.

You need to get at least 5 hypes (if the map is of good quality and you have decent reputation, this won't take much of your effort), get the map modded and then find at least 2 BNs (there's one replied to your thread so you can see the example) to nominate.

But as it's your first map, modding will get you nowhere since modding is mainly just nitpicking timestamp. If you don't know which one you should accept and which one you shouldn't, it can cause even more confusion. It's best asking for overall feedback especially from experienced mappers. That way you can see your fundamental flaws and improve it in your later maps.

There's another thing you should get familiar with which is deleting everything in the map and starting from scratch again a.k.a remap. Don't be afraid to do that as it's also the way to improve the map you're working on, and maybe it can even ended up better than the old version.
Topic Starter
Nyugah

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

You're not wrong, it's just that the process to get a map ranked isn't that simple.

You need to get at least 5 hypes (if the map is of good quality and you have decent reputation, this won't take much of your effort), get the map modded and then find at least 2 BNs (there's one replied to your thread so you can see the example) to nominate.

But as it's your first map, modding will get you nowhere since modding is mainly just nitpicking timestamp. If you don't know which one you should accept and which one you shouldn't, it can cause even more confusion. It's best asking for overall feedback especially from experienced mappers. That way you can see your fundamental flaws and improve it in your later maps.

There's another thing you should get familiar with which is deleting everything in the map and starting from scratch again a.k.a remap. Don't be afraid to do that as it's also the way to improve the map you're working on, and maybe it can even ended up better than the old version.
Yeah, i made that experience with some previous maps i tried to make, this is the first one im serious about and I think it could actually make it to ranked. But ill definitely keep that in mind!