forum

How do I know what strength is in osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
antiinfholic
What is strength? Tone, key, intensity, what is strength? If strength is all of those.... What if I have parts where the key is higher but the voice/instrum is being held???? in this case thats exactly whats happening to me. Theres a few piano notes in the background at the beginning, but idk how to combat that because one note in and a new combo will be weird...... Do I undermap??? I mean since the beginning uses sliders and starts on the right side and the up side of the panel (in piano terms like c d e f g a b c and octave #1 key whatever) Do I use sliders circles or just an undermapped slider
Zelzatter Zero
it's up to you, really.

If you care too much about which instrument you should go before you put anything into the map, you'll getting nowhere.

It's best to try experimenting with them. Increasing the slider velocity, switching the instrument when needed, playing with patterns, even remapping everything, etc, all of them. Consistency is important though, remember that.
WitherMite

"Strength/intensity/importance" is all a kind of arbitrary way to describe the feel of every aspect of a note or section of music in relation to the ones around it. You also dont need to map every sound if the intensity of the section doesnt support it.