forum

Moving osu! Mania receptors

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kracktoast
I wanted to know how to properly move hit receptors because my hit position is sort of high. the receptors don't align with my hit position and because of that, my timing is off.
I've tried moving the pixels in photoshop and I have moved my receptors, but the problem is that my hitboxes feels off. since I don't know how to do it properly, this was an expected problem. Can anyone be kind enough to explain this process to me?
JustABeginner
You don't have to move them in Photoshop.

First of all, open your current skin folder and search for "skin", a .ini file.
Then, scroll down until you find "HitPosition" according to the keys you're playing.

If there isn't any, type in:

HitPosition: (value)

Insert any value in there, the greater the value, the lower the hit receptors.
Topic Starter
kracktoast

JustABeginner wrote:

You don't have to move them in Photoshop.

First of all, open your current skin folder and search for "skin", a .ini file.
Then, scroll down until you find "HitPosition" according to the keys you're playing.

If there isn't any, type in:

HitPosition: (value)

Insert any value in there, the greater the value, the lower the hit receptors.
i get what you're trying to say but i think you're getting it mixed up. I did move my hit position, its just that the receptors dont align with my hit position. im sure there was an image showing that along with my post. the receptors are the circle outline, and my hit position is pretty much above it. since it's not my skin I would have to move the receptors in photoshop, but the problem is that i cant get the hitboxes correct lol
JustABeginner
So, you want to move the keys/receptors?

If so, create a new canvas and keep its width but make the height longer. Then, copy the image and paste it in that new canvas.

Now, align it at the bottom and slowly move it up until the receptor is perfectly align with the hitbox.
Topic Starter
kracktoast

JustABeginner wrote:

So, you want to move the keys/receptors?

If so, create a new canvas and keep its width but make the height longer. Then, copy the image and paste it in that new canvas.

Now, align it at the bottom and slowly move it up until the receptor is perfectly align with the hitbox.
sorry but that isnt going to work :/ to move the receptors I need to move the pixels in photoshop i got the hang of it i think ill just bruteforce my way through it and figure it out but thanks for responding

oh yeah also how do you increase the height of the image in photoshop? im kinda dumb I wanna increase the height of this transparency background in photoshop its kinda too short to move the receptors up
JustABeginner
Well, I don't use photoshop when it comes to skinning - I'm broke.
If I ever stumble upon like this, best to create even greater height.

I suggest you to make it even longer before you continue aligning it. Once it is fit, you grab a crop tool and crop it from the top, don't disturb the bottom.

All it takes a trial and error to do it so take time. c:
Topic Starter
kracktoast

JustABeginner wrote:

Well, I don't use photoshop when it comes to skinning - I'm broke.
If I ever stumble upon like this, best to create even greater height.

I suggest you to make it even longer before you continue aligning it. Once it is fit, you grab a crop tool and crop it from the top, don't disturb the bottom.

All it takes a trial and error to do it so take time. c:

ah I see and i also dont have money for photoshop lol im using the cracked version almost everyone does but ty for the replies