forum

Hitsound ranking criteria

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kjyu
Hello,
First of all I just wanted to say that i have no experience in mapping but I have played this game for quite some time now, recently one thing started vexing me to the point that I just had to ask somewhere:
Why isn't it a ranking criteria that the loudest section on a map has to be set to 100% volume?
I thought about it for a bit and i feel like this is the most logical way of scaling the map hitsounds so i assume somebody already suggested it before me, yet this still isn't a feature.
Why?
DeletedUser_13957006
100% volume is obnoxious as fuck
Nao Tomori
wat if its a quiet song
Zelzatter Zero
most of the hitsound volume is to ensure players to have enough feedback while not overriding the song (by that I mean when the HS is too loud you can't even hear the song). 100% if not considered correctly can cause that problem, especially with the case provided by Nao.

It's best just listen to the music and scale accordingly, not generalizing like what you have described.
Topic Starter
kjyu

Aiq wrote:

100% volume is obnoxious as fuck
Well, it depends how loud you set 100% to be.

Nao Tomori wrote:

wat if its a quiet song
Now that is a problem i failed to consider, that is true, some songs are more quiet in their loudest parts than average maps.

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

most of the hitsound volume is to ensure players to have enough feedback while not overriding the song (by that I mean when the HS is too loud you can't even hear the song). 100% if not considered correctly can cause that problem, especially with the case provided by Nao.

It's best just listen to the music and scale accordingly, not generalizing like what you have described.
That seems to be the case unfortunately, my frustration stemmed from the fact that I am playing on hitsounds specially made louder, and even then my standard volume proportions are 80%E:25%M, which ideally would be perfect at 50%:50% for effortless fine tuning. Guess there is nothing else to do than make them even louder and scale it depending on the song, i.e. try to work around sometimes retardedly low volumes on my side