forum

Lindsay Anderson - Stand Up For College

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ziggy Zigzagoon
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, April 03, 2011 at 12:37:25 PM

Artist: Lindsay Anderson
Title: Stand Up For College
Source: if.... (1968)
Tags: college hymn
BPM: 180
Filesize: 4555kb
Play Time: 01:01
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.51 stars, 34 notes)
  2. Normal (1.28 stars, 41 notes)
Download: Lindsay Anderson - Stand Up For College
Download: Lindsay Anderson - Stand Up For College (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Here I am again with another beat-map!

Cfurrently, this was just for fun, but, when Shin Megami Tensei: if... was going to be released in the Nipponese Virtual Console, I wanted to make this map to tribute the release. The problem was that, due to personal disorganization, I uploaded the beat-map too late. Oops.

Either way, this beat-map shows two milestones from me: this one has a background image ( http://fav.me/d3bkv5g ) AND a video! The odd thing was that, even though I downloaded a high-quality rip, you can not hear the singing clearly. Eugh.

I am planning another one of "O, Lucky Man!", though I want to partake in "Project Buffet" and "Project Chirality" beforehand.

(I wonder if this is too short... I would be fortunate for even the most inocuous critique for this map...
I feel very bad for the present modding staff. I wish more are hired...
Then again, there is that quality issue...)
akrolsmir
Hello!

The timing on this song is very, very off. I don't think it's even near 180 bpm. As a general rule, when your beats fall in random positions and you're in 1/3rd, the timing is probably wrong. I tried getting the proper measures myself, but it was a bit too complicated for me. Try posting here:

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=13795

where an expert will help you find the right timing. Remember to resnap all notes after getting a new timing and checking to see if the beats are placed properly!

(In case you want to work with something, I got offset of 14750 and BPM of 78 for the first section, and another section starting at 39750, but that still sounds wrong to me.)

PM me when you get the timing down and I'll be sure to recheck your map!
Topic Starter
Ziggy Zigzagoon
akrolsmir-san, I figured that the timing of this song is off. (The song was of low volume and quality, even with a good-quality rip. I did not find a better rip of the original film, but, then again, this film is rather old...)

Either way, thank you for your right direction.