forum

osu!catch World Cup 2021 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
WalterToro
Wiki | Livestream

Welcome to the osu!catch World Cup 2021 Discussion Thread.
Here you can discuss everything related to this year's biggest worldwide osu!catch tournament.

Notable changes for this year (subject to change):

1. There are changes in mappool sizes. The Group Stage mappool will consist of 14 maps, Round of 16 and Quarterfinals will consist of 15 maps, Semifinals, Finals and Grand Finals mappool will consist of 16 maps, with this the size of the NoMod bracket will be 4 in Group Stage, 5 in Round of 16 and Quarterfinals and 6 for Semifinals, Finals and Grand Finals.
  2. NoFail is forced on every map.
  3. Warmups are removed from matches.

As always, we are also looking for commentators for this World Cup, so please contact either deadbeat or WalterToro if you are interested.
Wesley
bring back warmups
Sartan
bring back warmups
Katsuragi
bring back warmups
sularis
bring back warmups
Secre
bring back warmups
Yoshi_green
bring back warmups
zove
uh please bring back warm up, if you want, but it would be nice, not really sure why you would take them away, I think they were fun, but its not really up to me, but I liked them, so it would be nice if you brought them back, but feel free not to, how ever I think most of the community would like it if you did.
Colin
Bring back warmups
Tenaxzity
bring back warmups
Vincs
bring back warmups 😡😡😡😡😡
Unlucky_w
bring back warmups
Endou-
bring back warmups
Tomato
bring back warmups
Crowley
im gonna try and spark the discussion here but is there any reason why warmups were removed?

removing warmups would generally not help players who have issues on playing in tournaments and would instead fuck them over when put in the room without any sort of first unscored map

other than that, if the issue was the crunch time on groups, i think we have always managed every year by having only 3-4 min warmups max on early stages so why remove it in this year?

bring back warmups.

edit: also i believe no one wants to see warmups removed, itll just cause backlash on the community and its so fun to watch teams present what funnies they have this year, (ex. NL warmups) removing it would remove some of the entertainment value of the tournament in my opinion
Kisetsunotori
bring back warmups
aiq
bring back warmups
I love my cat
bring back warmups
theconqueror12
bring back warmups
Elux
bring back warmups
Dedot
I saw your reply on the owc 2020 forum thread on why warmups should be removed, and i have some thoughts on that

WalterToro wrote:

1. Takes a lot of time
  2. Download speeds for some people makes this even longer
  3. Teams should be already be warmed up and some warmups does the opposite
  4. Some of the warmups are plain awful memes that are borderline inappropriate
There are other reasons but this was the main discussion.
  1. we can limit the warmups duration to be under 3 minutes or 2:30 max, if a team's warmups is over than that, the team can't play the warmup
  2. team must tell what they gonna play as the warmups to the referee/opponent team 12 hour or 1 day before the match, over than that the team can't play the warmup, also if there's some players that don't have the map, the warmups will still be played/forced start
  3. this is true, and I'm pretty sure every team already warmed up before the match
  4. because the warmups will be submitted 12 hour or 1 day before the match, i think the staff can filter the inappropriate/awful memes/explicit maps, so you can decide which warmups that can be played
i can understand the reason why warmups should be removed, but i think we can overcome those problems by trying to make some rules on warmups, because playing warmups is kinda like a tradition on cwc (and also it's fun to watch)
autofanboy
bring back warmups
SirWaffle79
bring back warmups
show more