forum

Template skin [2/Feb/2021]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Zelzatter Zero

Mop The Tea wrote:

its an osk file for me, how can i change that? it wont open for me
.osk is a file extension for skins in osu...
Topic Starter
Galvit

Mop The Tea wrote:

Rename it, change .osk to .zip
Aimdrip
Is there a way to make the white transparent or hide it when I check an artboard? Example: https://prnt.sc/u6r69i. I did set it to transparent in the properties windows, but nothing happens. It should look like this https://prnt.sc/u6s482. But instead it looks like this, altough I set every artboard to transparent in it's properties https://prnt.sc/u6s4x2.

***GREAT*** templates by the way! I love them!!!
Topic Starter
Galvit

Jarno wrote:

Is there a way to make the white transparent or hide it when I check an artboard? Example: https://prnt.sc/u6r69i. I did set it to transparent in the properties windows, but nothing happens. It should look like this https://prnt.sc/u6s482. But instead it looks like this, altough I set every artboard to transparent in it's properties https://prnt.sc/u6s4x2.

Thank you for feedback! In Photoshop navigate to Edit > Preferences > Performance > check Legacy Compositing

Update: Or use PS21
Aimdrip

Galvit wrote:

Jarno wrote:

Thank you for feedback! In Photoshop navigate to Edit > Preferences > Performance > check Legacy Compositing
Worked like a charm. Again, thank you for these awesome templates. They fit in-game perfectly and I just couldn't skin without them. It's perfect. You did a wonderful job!
Topic Starter
Galvit
I'm very exited to start creating Figma templates for you guys. Please tell me if you have any problems using my templates or you just don't understand how to use them, I will be glad to help out!
TheKubaX

Galvit wrote:

Please tell me if you have any problems using my templates or you just don't understand how to use them, I will be glad to help out!
Hi. Is it possible to make these files work on 1366x768 screen resolution? So far I have only tried song selection files, but they doesn't fit the resolution no matter how much I try to resize them. I can provide screenshots if needed.

With kind regards, TheKubaX.
Topic Starter
Galvit

TheKubaX wrote:

Hi. Is it possible to make these files work on 1366x768 screen resolution? So far I have only tried song selection files, but they doesn't fit the resolution no matter how much I try to resize them. I can provide screenshots if needed.
All my templates are made for "HD" resolutions, they are based on 2732x1536 (doubled dimensions of 1366x768, thus @2x), you can downscale them by using this program.
TheKubaX

Galvit wrote:

All my templates are made for "HD" resolutions, they are based on 2732x1536 (doubled dimensions of 1366x768, thus @2x), you can downscale them by using this program.
Hey, the program is awesome. It helped me. If I'll have any further problems I will let you know.
rimseg

Galvit wrote:

[notice]

Whats New

Figma template for song selection.
Hey, I think the link is set wrong, it just links to the Figma Site and not the Figma File.

Would love if u could share it, I'm currently working on a full figma skin template and this would help me a lot.

I'm stupid

thank you for ur work, made skinning so mutch easier <3
Nate-san
Hi,
I just downloaded the template skin and am wondering how to properly utilize the !songselection template. I'm not sure what its used for, im used to just editing each image seperatley. Could someone tell me what they use the template for?

I appreciate the help!
Topic Starter
Galvit

Nate-san wrote:

Hi,
I just downloaded the template skin and am wondering how to properly utilize the !songselection template. I'm not sure what its used for, im used to just editing each image seperatley. Could someone tell me what they use the template for?
If you are talking about photoshop template, it's not that different from editing each image separately, just make sure you are keeping each element in it's own artboard.
Aimdrip
They removed legacy compositing. It's all white again :(
I downloaded PS 2019 and it works again. But unfortunately, it doesn't in newer versions.
Shirogane-Ken-
I try to edit menuback button, but there is a glowing line on it, help
Topic Starter
Galvit

deseptian wrote:

I try to edit menuback button, but there is a glowing line on it, help
Can you take a screenshot of it? It probably has someting to do with mode-osu-small.
Topic Starter
Galvit

Jarno wrote:

They removed legacy compositing. It's all white again :(
I downloaded PS 2019 and it works again. But unfortunately, it doesn't in newer versions.
Just updated to PS 22.1.1 and it works like it should.
SupaJuke
Is there an easy way for me to edit, say the top black bar in Top & Bottom Bars BG without ruining the shadowing and stuffs?

Sorry for being a noob :<
Topic Starter
Galvit

SupaJuke wrote:

Is there an easy way for me to edit, say the top black bar in Top & Bottom Bars BG without ruining the shadowing and stuffs?
You shouldn't edit red artboards, they include what can't be skinned (I know template elements are colored red too but this will change in next update)
NyuPenyu
hi. is this just for the standard osu mode? is there any template for all of the modes?
Topic Starter
Galvit

NyuPenyu wrote:

hi. is this just for the standard osu mode? is there any template for all of the modes?
I've started working on taiko template and other modes don't really need templates, but I'll include skinnable files.
skvikii
hey the template is pretty confusing for me like some of the stuff are pixelated and doesnt look the same ingame
oh yeah and some of the options are gone and random doesnt even work
Topic Starter
Galvit

skvikii wrote:

hey the template is pretty confusing for me like some of the stuff are pixelated and doesnt look the same ingame
oh yeah and some of the options are gone and random doesnt even work
This skin is @2x only.
Archnila
Thanks for the templates! Especially the figma template. Ended up learning how to use figma lol since for my personal skin, I prefer using vectors.
McEndu
The templates are great!

While there is a template for the online ranking panel, the hitbox for the vote button is missing, which somehow makes it hard to skin it without diving into the game.

Let me take my time to put up a screenshot at 1366x768 for reference

Topic Starter
Galvit

McEndu wrote:

The templates are great!

While there is a template for the online ranking panel, the hitbox for the vote button is missing, which somehow makes it hard to skin it without diving into the game.
I'll work on it!
MegumiAkari
where do u guys edit this template? Sorry I'm noob XD
Topic Starter
Galvit

MegumiAkari wrote:

where do u guys edit this template? Sorry I'm noob XD
Photoshop
Cruxial
Yo, whenever I export selection-mode and menu-back, it shows up with white boxes behind them.
Is there something I did wrong? And if so how would I fix it? xd

Cool template, and thanks in advance.

Topic Starter
Galvit

Cruxial wrote:

Yo, whenever I export selection-mode and menu-back, it shows up with white boxes behind them.
Did you use this method?

To export go to Edit > Preferences > Plugins and tick Enable Generator after that go to File > Generate > Image Assets, it will start saving everything to ...\template skin\!SongSelection-assets (it’s real time so every change will be saved) to disable it go to File > Generate > Image Assets.
Cruxial

Galvit wrote:

Cruxial wrote:

Did you use this method?

To export go to Edit > Preferences > Plugins and tick Enable Generator after that go to File > Generate > Image Assets, it will start saving everything to ...\template skin\!SongSelection-assets (it’s real time so every change will be saved) to disable it go to File > Generate > Image Assets.
I did.
ElectircRex
Is there any other software than Adobe software that i could use
TKieen

ElectircRex wrote:

Is there any other software than Adobe software that i could use
there's Figma
Desertgemini

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Mop The Tea wrote:

.osk is a file extension for skins in osu...
you need to get winrar and there is a tutorial on making skins and it should work
Fyslixus
Hi, when I change the contents of the menu-button-background smart object, it doesn't get updated in the artboard. How can I fix this? I've already tried Layer > Smart Objects > Update Modified Content, but it doesn't work.
Thanks!
Topic Starter
Galvit

Fyslixus wrote:

Hi, when I change the contents of the menu-button-background smart object, it doesn't get updated in the artboard. How can I fix this? I've already tried Layer > Smart Objects > Update Modified Content, but it doesn't work.
Thanks!
You have to save (ctrl+s) changes in that smart object.
Content Spy
hey is it possible to edit it using paint.net? or is there any other free program I could use since I don't have photoshop
Topic Starter
Galvit

Content Spy wrote:

hey is it possible to edit it using paint.net? or is there any other free program I could use since I don't have photoshop
You can edit images that are inside with paint.net.
Darius3
Yo! I made something in the template skin in photoshop

but when I check the generated Assets file, it looks like this!

The gradient looks differently.
Any ideas why?

UPD Ok it seems that the output file looks like the effect preview in photoshop but looks differently from the image in the editor, I made it looks like I want eventually.