forum

What if you can't map anymore?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Asphiee
Does song representation a.k.a mapping mean a thing to you? What if certain circumstances that would lead you not to map befalls you? Is it gonna affect you mentally since music has a special place in your heart?

I've been curious what the MD pals here think. It's kinda serious of a topic, so don't be embarrass to share your personal thoughts regarding this.

For me hmm, I guess there's something missing in my life if ever you are deprived from conveying your passion or emotions through mapping. Mapping to me is like transforming your feelings into a bunch of sliders, circles, a spinner or even a break section.
DeletedUser_13957006
some say mapping is a form of art, and i truly agree. just like you said, transforming feelings into circles, sliders and everything mapping-related is what makes this experience worth it, in my opinion. it is a form of expression, thus it marks us, in one way or another.
lewski
anything that could prevent me from mapping would definitely cockblock me from a bunch of other things I love as well so I'd have a really bad time
Sophie Twilight
since I spend about 70% of my gaming in mapping (at least 5 hours per day), I'll just become Rushia's fan
TheKingHenry
it'd be unfortunate, but I'd just quit the game and that's it, wouldn't really have that big of an effect on my mind or life, as it's not like music would disappear with it (now that'd be devastating if it happened)

the time I used for mapping would probably be transferred to the time I use for composing instead
Chiru-kun
My only goal is to map 28 specific songs myself, ranked or not. Everything else is a side project for when I'm tired of that. I don't consider side projects since I'd have done them in between my main project songs. And yeah it's a personal thing. If I don't finish that for as long as I still play osu! that would be pretty sad. Might keep thinking about the possibilities. But I'll be fine without finishing it.

There was a time before when I finished a lot of the songs, maybe 4, in a short time. I kept trying, but I was slumped. It was pretty bad. I haven't been playing as much now, just
few maps here and there... I plan to be much more active again sometime soon. It's a game after all... the more you do it a time, the more it affects you, and the later you play again, the lesser it affects you and the fresher the game feels later you come back.
Topic Starter
Asphiee

renzthegreat wrote:

the more you do it a time, the more it affects you, and the later you play again, the lesser it affects you and the fresher the game feels later you come back.

This Is exactly what I'm feeling right now- like homesick or something. My laptop's broken and just when i was robbed of the previlige to map, I found out there's so many songs I'd like to map. It's been almost 3 weeks of no osu, a bit sad ngl.